Canandaigua 6/16

Took a couple of dad's out in search of some action off west side at 5:00 am, we started near Danny's old house, the big white one south of Tichenor Point.   Good screen over 70-110 FOW,  set up 3 riggers, 2 wires,  and 7 color leadcore and 200' copper on inline boards.   Made it past Menteth Point and saw them stacked up at the point but no takers.  I turned back to head north past the point again without a touch so moved out to deeper water.  Trolling northeast towards Thendara got a good screen again out in the middle of the lake.  Switched colors often and still couldn't get any action.  Heading north in the mid lake area between German Bros. and the pump house we finally picked up a small bow on the the 7 color with a Rapala J11 black and white and tossed him back.   Trolled south again and picked up a eater size lake trout off rigger at 58' with a DW SS black, purple, green out from German Bros.  Picked up before the rain fell and got back to the dock at 10:30.  Still waiting for the switch to turn on out there.  Seems every opportunity I have lately to head out the weather seems to be a factor.  As I write this it is 10:25 am Monday, sunny and beautiful and probably a good morning to be out there.