South end Canandaiga 6-17-13

My son and I were on the water at Woodville at 5:05 AM.  We started at white rock and were just setting the lines out when we had one on the rigger 35ft  down over 60 ft (gold rebel)....smallie about 3-4 pounds let off at the back of boat. About 5 minutes later while still putting out lines and the other rigger fires (down 40 over 70 ft) and then the jumping beans got activated in this rainbow... out of the water several times and my son got him in the boat after a little chaos. He hit a "reconditioned" gold Sutton 22. Trolled to Vine Valley without another touch and marked some bait suspended and a few fish but no takers. Picked up and went back south full tilt  and tried the west side. Trolled to just south of Bristol Harbor and wham... downrigger 70 over 88 ft with a "reconditioned" Quick Strike 88  and we had another jumper. After a few drag take outs and some jumping my son had the rainbow (6 pounds plus) within 10 ft. Of the boat and he went sideways into the wire rig with the Spin Doc on it and pulled the hook.He stayed on the surface for a minute or so and then seemed to smile at us (for some reason :) ) and took off to the depths below unscathed.  My son decided to keep the first one for the grill tonight so just as well the other one would have been released anyway. All in all better than a skunk and the weather was real nice this morning....Quit at 11:15 AM. Rather tough finding active fish though.

Here is the rainbow he kept

Oh...and did I mention that the leadcore got into the wire rig?

post-145411-0-30260800-1371496807_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-46002000-1371496828_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man