3 Rods/person

Yeah...I guess the only thing left to brag about is that we have the least competent legislature in the United States :lol:

Well that's better than Dec 31 2013, maybe by that time they will make it permanent?  Look at the bright side it's another 2 years we get to run 3 rods per man. The only drawback will be if they go back to 2 rods it will definitely feel weird and many of us will have outfits we won't be able to use at the same time like dipsys and wire or have to sacrifice a free slider rod. Either way it will take some getting used to. JMO PAP. 

Tim,

Maybe your state is taking lessons from my state. Only delayed because they need time to figure out how they can make money from it. New York is still way better than Mass. for their sportsmen and women.

Edited by Richard

I thought most of you guys out there said you only were going to use the third rod if  it was a slow bite

& you felt you needed another rod out to see what was up? At least that was the disscussion  I remember way back when. If they rescind the law , WHAT will poor grandma & grandpa do.?

And I agree ,the state is pretty messed up. We don't have  have our priorities  straight  big time here.

No, we said we wanted to third rod to help locate the active fish.  BTW - No soloist fishing only 3 rods has reported a triple...yet.  (I've had two doubles but no triples...yet) 

LyteLine - :yes:  :yes: :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  

Tom B.

(LongLine)

ifishy, you like tangles and scaring away the bigger fish that much? 

Most times less is more.  The bigger mature kings don't like all that commotion/crap in the water.

I love the 3 rod rule for the options it provides, not necessarily for getting as many rods as possible in the water.  My normal spread is 6 rods, though I might go as high as 7 or 8 on occasion, regardless of how many people are on the boat.  I like that the 3 rod rule allows me to run my regular 6 rod spread when it's just Dad and I on board, which is more often than not these days.

Tim

On Lake Michigan, it is what happened years before that had a neg impact on their fishery. Overstocking, baitfish crash , then undersize fish.Hard for them to get a 20# king. They needed the extra rod to get the fish out of the lake. But that's  a different story.

Law was in last year, banner fish harvest , not so good this year by all reports. I know it was the weather , but the argument COULD be made with the stats .........  One guys does that all the time on here.

the three rod rule just opens up the options for us small boaters in some states you can fish a lot more than three per person to protect a fishery for numbers harvest limits and closed seasons are far more effective and if your worried about catch and release mortality thats when you have to look at terminal tackel thats why long liners now have to use circle hooks and thats where the debates about single hooks or treble hooks come from.  the 3 rod limit ls really more neccessary for shore fishing where you could spread 50 lines for a boat you really are limited in what you can run unless you have a very large boat.