STARCRAFT ISLANDER DOWNRIGGER PLACEMENT

Anonymous

I know this topic has been covered in general but I am interested in how many downriggers Islander owners are running, where you have them mounted and how you all have them set up, ie on pedestals, tracks, etc. 

My current 221 has 4 riggers mounted on a board on the stern.  I run the two inside riggers straight back and the two outside riggers off the sides.  The set up works well but I am unable to use the swim platform for a cooler and it makes netting fish difficult sometimes.  I know that going to 3 riggers off the stern will open the back of the boat up but I really like having 4 riggers.

I just bought another Islander and am intersted in other set ups and any advice you all may have before I decide how to set her up.

Thanks,

John

The 221 I purchased last year came with a home made rigger platform that I really like. I can see where they had 4 riggers mounted on it at one time. I will have only 2 riggers mounted on it on either corner. I want to keep the middle open, even though the engine cover is in the middle. I remove the jumper seats while fishing. I do not have a swim platform so no worries there.

post-151489-0-92057300-1371567898_thumb.jpg

Edited by Adk1

I have the 19.5' islander, I have it set to run 3 or 4 riggers. Same set up as you with the four rigger spread except i put a rigger base in the middle of the stern. If I want to run 3 riggers I put one rigger in the middle and take the other one off. I have been running just 3 the past two years and that middle chute rigger fires constantly for me. i don't have a flu swim platform in the back just a ladder platform. I attached a picture.

post-139690-0-70916700-1371577479_thumb.jpg