Went out last night 6-17 for a 3 hour solo evening trip and worked the 120-140 fow range.....although I did nose out briefly to 165 and then finished working the 100-110 fow, I got squat! First skunk of the year. Had a couple swings and misses....

Was running my normal mag diver with a white pearl glow SD and blue hammer fly...set back 200' and a 90-100' rigger with a green pro-troll echip flasher and blue ice fly and then a 60-75' foot rigger with a Yellow NBK and then an double orange crush free slider!

Tonight I ran the same darn set ups and so far I am 5 for 5 with 3 small kings on the Yellow NBK or orange crush slider. And I have taken 2 lake trout, both about 14-15lbs, one on the diver set back 180' and the other on the 90' rigger with the FF set up.

Speeds are the same 2.3-2.7, have not trolled too slow, and working specifically 100-120 fow where there is the most bait and marks so far! Only 6:47 now, so still got a couple more hrs to put in! Will update again later!

~Jay

nice you must be quick to get 100% hook up on all those slider fish

yeah...have to be quick when there are 3 rods and one person!  All the slider hits, I just ran to the pole before it released.....and just reeled and set as fast as I could.  I did get lucky that all the fish chomped on the lure.  These fish tonight were aggressive...hard hits, solid hookups.  Totally different than last night!!!! :)

Nice Job!

Could this mean that things are starting to turn around?

Thanks for the report. I was planning to go out Saturday from Hughes, and fish to Bear Creek. I now I feel a little better about that decision.

Tom

Nice Job!

Could this mean that things are starting to turn around?

Thanks for the report. I was planning to go out Saturday from Hughes, and fish to Bear Creek. I now I feel a little better about that decision.

Tom

Tom,

Keep an eye out for a 23' Penn Yan hardtop...I will be out Saturday morning....Channel 68 or 9....i go back and forth.  Give a hail and chat.  I will be setting up most likely in 90-100fow and heading Northeast to start.  Will stay in the under 120 fow if screen is good....if not, i will start sliding out towards 200-225 or til i hit fish! :)  

Tight Lines

Jason