Thanks to a couple helpful members on here I was actual able to catch some lakers. I took a buddy who's new to lake O and we had a blast. 80-150ft was producing. Took my first double ever. Everytime I'd get close to putting my dipsy rods out my downriggers would fire. Only left because I had the wife's purse in my truck... Maybe that was a good thing lol.post-148474-13715957784862_thumb.jpg

I do have one on the boat I just bought and if I am on the lake it will be on. I might be out there Friday but after that I won't be on the water again until july first.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great job little crappie, I'm so pleased with the folks on this site to help you out. I'm from the Poconos  in PA. and I go out of Henderson also, I did not get up fishing this year yet ;(  should get up in a few weeks!! But what I'm trying to say is we always targeted Lakers I could not figure out why they called them grease chickens, and what ever else they could think of. I'm looking for a 20#er I know there out their and that's one for the wall. I have a 12.75#  32 inch walleye that came out of Canada and a 46 inch Northern on the wall and I caught a 23# Laker that someone stole out of the freezer up in Canada, so I thought that if I caught one 20# I would take a picture and get a replica made, as I'm all about catch and release now that I'm older and understand more about life and preserving nature. I taught my kids the same practice, catch and release, and you can only shoot a deer once and it's over for that animal where as in fishing putting it back gives someone else a shot at fighting that same fish, and they understand that very well. Fishing Henderson is very productive for lakers. I've caught them on just about every lure, but cow bells with a peanut or a spin&glow .1.5 mph on a south troll and .09 on a north troll on the bottom. I rigged a 4# ball under my rigger ball with 3ft 50# leader so I'm bouncing bottom and my rig is at least 3 feet off the bottom. I use torpedo weights so I drilled a hole through the weight from top to bottom ran the leader through the weight and extended it 3ft below the weight and fastened the 4# ball. I used a very large swivel on the top so I can remove the small ball when not fishing lakers. Good luck and tight lines to you PAP.