Walleye bite out of Buffalo?

bettieanne

Planin on headin to erie this weekend if mother nature allows. I am planin on launchin out of small boat harbor, havnt been to erie in 2 yrs. Thats what happen wen u have kids. Probly start in around 30 fow around senca shoal and troll s/w. Any info would be great. Thanks

Edited by bettieanne

Fished out of buffalo today and boated 7 - Various colors jets and leadcore. One highlight was my 10 year old son even though he has caught ever trout under the sun he has never been walleye fishing since I got the salmon bug. He caught first fish and it turned out the be the biggest today 8.5lbs. I was salmon on saturday and walleye today. The fishing in my opinion really hasn't got going yet on Ontario after saturdays outing so I am sticking to walleye with the amount of fish out there its unbelievable.. we only fished from 10-2pm.

I heard it was a slaughter down at barcelona this weekend by the way. I couldn't buy a fish on stickbaits today by the way

You must be fishing a different lake erie than I am. Fished Meyers,Seneca,and windmills 6:30 till 11:00.

Didn't get one walleye or see one caught. Heard of a guy who had 1. Maybe I need a new Boat :) .

Oh well maybe next week.

Any reports from dunkirk or Barcelona?

launched at 430 am and tried the wind  mills for an hour or so, lots of bass. Picked up and headed to meyers reef area, lots of boat traffic and some good marks , but nothing would go for us. we ran up to 11 rods jets,dipsey, lead,riggers an harneses but nada. At 11 i decided to pick up and try around seneca, since we drove an hour an a half to get there we needed at least 1 walleye. What a good choice we made, first pass pikd one up and managed 6 eyes up to 6 lbs in a few passes and then they went dead. 4  jets and 2 on riggers. They seemed to like 2.0 speed. Fished till 4 an finaly said enough. Always great to be on erie, Cant wait til next time and hopefully locate fish a little quicker. We i got home i seen fitz report of arnd departure bouy. Wish i seen it sooner lol.

• 4 weeks later...

The last two weeks or so, we have been crushing the walleye.  the weather has them moved up near the river and small boat harbor.  drop a line with any color harness, or bright stick in 45-50FOW a few feet off the bottom and keep the cooler open.  We had 12 keepers in under 5 hours sunday with just as many garbage fish.  Bring a lot of crawlers and get em now.

we boxed 29 Saturday, 20 Monday, 27 Tuesday, 23 today, 99 walleye in 4 days and haven't fished more than a 5 hr day. All off that school near the departure buoy. We have been running 5,6,7 color core, 4 oz Torpedo's.I have been using Kishels scent on all baits every time.

Edited by fishkiller16

It has been very good for more then 3 weeks, lets see what this weekends winds do to the school of walleye.I have noticed more emerald shinners around Dunkirk pier, maybe the bait fish are finally moving west and will bring some of those eyes off the Cat.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Near shore water temperature hit 80 degrees this weekend, highest in my lifetime. Thermocline off Silver Creek was at 77 feet. Best catches this weekend were off the condoes on CA line near Crystal Beach.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app