RV Parks On Lake O

Hey guys, I have a question for you. I'm getting into a new way of life, selling the summer camp in the Thousand Islands (lousy timing with this housing market, eh?) and bought a new RV a couple weeks ago. I'd like to stay at various ports around the lake during the spring and summer.

Do you have any recommendations on good places to stay at the various ports? For certain, we will be fishing all 4 Pro-Ams, so Niagara, Orleans, Sodus and Oswego are all on the docket for this year.

Thanks for any suggestions!!

If you are fishing out of the Oak and looking to camp, try Lakeside Beach State Park. Only a couple of miles away, it is right on the shore of Ontario thus allowing you to see the conditions of the lake prior to fishing. And you launch at the west launch free of charge when staying there. The A loop IMO is the best of the 7. A-D is non pet with e-g allowing pets. The sites are large compared to most other campgrounds. Each loop has app. 40 sites with each having its own bathroom. Its a good area for kids and when they take their bikes. Been camping there for close to 30 years now and hopefully for more to come.

What chinook said regarding the oak/lakeside beach SP. Just don't look for a swimming beach 'cause there isn't one. We like the A loop, you can view the lake conditions easily. If that loop is full we go all the way back to the last loop. We have been slipping the boat the last few years but for longer stays >1 night we will pitch a camp. The only drawback is that there is no fish cleaning at the park and the Orleans County Marine Park cleaning station is most always locked up when we need it.

Thanks guys....a couple of those sound like winners and I'll definitely check them out!!

Rick.....we bought a 2006 31ft Gulf Stream Conquest with 2000 miles on it. It was bought by someone who never appeared to have used it and never made a payment.....maybe health problems, who knows?? So...the bank took it back and we got 25g off the original price, so we took the plunge!!

Unfortunitly...using it will have to wait until this economy wakes up a little, but we knew that when we bought it. I'd love to do what your doing Rick....and go to the Keys!!

We have a family business, so we have a very flexible schedule. We are hoping to head to Alaska after the Sodus Pro Am, if we get lucky enuff to sell our summer camp by then?? Who knows....sounds like we're all getting a tax rebate from the gov., sounds like gas money to me :lol::lol:

Do you use yours alot Rick?

Here is a pic

aV18Gba0.jpg

Rod,

It looks real nice, good luck with it.

We try to use ours as much as we can. I have a partner so it is not to hard to get time off. Most of the time I have to take when the kids are out of school. We go to Ocean City, Md every year for the past 13 years. Last year was the first year I brought it up to lake O. I am bringing it up sometime this August and leave it and the boat till sometime in October. Last year I went up every weekend, we will see how many times I get up this year. Long 4 1/2 drive Friday after work and up by 4am to fish. It wasn't bad if the kids are off school on a Friday or Monday. Would like to get out west, but my son is 16 and lost his mind. He like girls and going to work instead of fishing and RVing. I think he will get over that in a few years. Two years ago we took a trip to Dallas via Georgia,Alabama,Arkansas,Mississippi,Louisiana,Missouri,Tennessee, Illinois and a few others just to put the little stickers on the side of the RV. I think it worked out to 13 states, 3000 miles in ten days. I think the one thing everyone remembers it Alligator road kill. Don't see much of that in Jersey.

Anyway it's real cool you should enjoy it.

Good luck with yours.

Sounds real cool.....Thanks. It will be different than what I'm used to, and that's really exciting for me. My kids are still only 4 and 8, so I wanna travel while they will still hang out with me....before it's not cool anymore.

I stayed at a lakefront campground in Oswego several years ago. It was just a few blocks west of the river. It's not listed in my Trailer Life Campground Directory now. Also we camped at the Oswego Speedway, but that was for the races.

That was the one thing I am happy we did. Our unit has 4 bunks in the back. When we go to Ocean City Md. they both bring a friend. This way they like to go. Now the he can drive the boat by himself he wants to go. I will tell you my unit is a 2004 and I have about 12000 - 15000 miles and we all had a great time seeing a lot of different things together.

You should have a lot of fun!

Enjoy it Rod it goes fast.