Im getting some conflicting stories on what many fishermen refer to as the morning bite and the late bite,since

im not a real early bird anymore since my retirement im not getting out early so the late bite is my best option

provideing the lake swells will come down a bit,so many are saying from when the sun rises to about 10-11am for the early and the late bite any where from 5pm to sundown.The last few times out 2-5 pm I marked many fish from 30-60 fow,couldn't get the them to hit anything ,wondering if im wasting my time at this time of day? hardly anything out 100-150 fow and not much on bottom.Fishing out of Oswego.Thanks all the replys

Good luck to all

I havent been out this year yet and im on the canadian side so i dont know if this will help much but some of our best fish last year came around 230 300 pm in the hot sun when many boats went in. We would start around 10 and fish till dark but that 1 hr around three always seemed to cough up some nice kings. This did seem more prevelant the closer we were to a full moon for reasons i can not explain. Good luck hope this helps

It kinda depends on the day.  I fish mostly out of oswego and most days between 10am-2pm it really slows down for most fish but I seem to pick up lake trout all day long, I do best for everything else up till 10am and after 2-3pm.  There are a few days every year that you can throw that all out the window too when I get everything all day long.  So as a general rule the am and pm bites are most productive.

Biggest kings for us always seem to come between 11am and noon. Early morning bites can be fast and furious for all species/sizes but once things slow down the big kings are still on the feed. Since the mature kings have larger bellies to fill they will feed well in to the morning. After 9-10am is best during a full moon.

I agree with many others. My average shows good 5-8, so-so 8-10, dead awful 10-1, great 1-4, poor 4-dark. For some reason much of my best fishing is early afternoon, especially the Coho and Steelie bite that I have killed on in that range. As a result now I have started to only fish for kings until 11AM, then maybe leave 2 lines in for a prayer and start transitioning over to spoons higher in the water column after lunch.

If anyone knows the secret of the evening bite fill me in, I'd love to know what I'm missing.

I have found the bite to be best in the morning or evening. There always seems to be a mid day lull but that never stops me from trying. If I can't get on the water until 11 or 12 I still go because I know the bite will always be better out there than on the couch.

Adam hooked his first Big King EVER today at 11:55am and it was headed for deeper water. We made our last turn for the for the trip back, when Adam seen the rod bounce. He had his hands full with this one. Sometimes 5:am is just a boat ride around the lake and other days the rods are non stop koko bananas action , Sleep in and come out at 07:00 its always a better day on the water than any day at work. LBT1

Some days slow down around 11:00 but I have had just as many that have been good all day. Keep in mind I am only able to hit the big lake four trips a year of three and a half days each trip.

Just to prove me a liar...today got on late at 8 and hit nothing...until 11. Then ran 7 for 9 until 1:30 when it got quiet again. My biblical lunch time famine was feast today. 

Just when I think I have it figured...it screws with my head.