Canandaigua - 6/19/13

Even though reports have not been sounding very good, I decided to give Canandaigua Lake a try because the Big O's wave/wind report did not sound suitable for my 17' alum. boat.

I did manage 2 LT, 1 the smallest I've ever caught about 6", and then my biggest Canandaigua BT ever.... a ~ 10lb fatty.

I fished out of the north end. Mainly Pumphouse to just south of German Bros.

The BT took a pink & blue MS behind a pink stripped flasher off the rigger down 30' over 90FOW, in a cloud of bait.

1 LT took a white mirage fly behind a white w/green dot,black halo SD out 240' on 3 setting.

The other came on a sutton 35 (fish not much bigger than the lure, lmao) off the seth green rig.

Fished 6:30am to about 11:00am, solo.

LTtroller

(Bob)

post-140045-0-67086500-1371747498_thumb.jpg

post-140045-0-33382200-1371747522_thumb.jpg

Good going looks like a nice 5 lb or so male Brown from the pic maybe 24 or so inches? They seem to be tough to catch this year here on Canandaigua....and the fishing hasn't been the easiest so way to go.

nice Brownie,...I looked at DEC stockin numbers,..they put a ton of those liitle lakers in recently,......I am glad to see some made it past the Pickeral into deep water,......aggressive little guy..!  :lol:  Bite something as big as himself.!! :)

I have heard they average a pound a year for growth rate in the Finger lakes..So,..future keeper in 3 yrs.!Good report !!

tight lines..!

any fleas on the lines.....?  Normally the fleas are heavy by late June...last time I went,(2 weeks ago)...no sign of em.!

BT was just under 30", and yes a male with a hell of a kype. Terrible cell picture, but flying solo it was the quickest and easiest to ensure a quick & healthy release,

No fleas present yet, but quit a lot of debris in the water from the recent heavy rains.

Good Luck All!

LTtroller

(Bob)