RUFF RIDER Live Report Sodus 6/21-23

Nice video Nick. I think you might need a bigger fly swatter though those things were pretty bad.... :)  it looked as though Theresa's line was somewhere near Buffalo as she was bringing that King to the boat :lol: 

It's actually pink teflon tape from Home Depot :) Helps make the rods easier to see on video as well as on the water. I did see Okuma now makes rods the same color pink, but at $80 a pop, the $3 teflon will do for now.

The video is awesome. I love the 4 minute mark when the Steelhead hits and goes jumping like crazy at the back of the boat.

I must say...Theresa has perfect technique for battling the fish. People should watch and learn from that. I tell people that you fight the fish with the rod and store the line with the reel. She does exactly that. 

Hope to see you guys this weekend. I probably won't be up until Saturday night though.

until the n/e winds stop blowing.......only then will the lake settle down....it only take 3-hrs for the n/e wind to flip the lake....and we have had n/e winds almost everyday,i know.....i live on the lake.....pray for the west wind and green water

I was wondering for a sec there adk lol.

This folder has a few pics from when we bought the boat...

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n105/johnnyq627/246/

Wayne, love seeing those steelies cartwheel! Theresa is amazing at fighting fish, she loses very few. She's more patient than I am and I tend to horse fish in.

We won't be up next weekend, but we'll be up July 3rd through July 7th.

Nick

HAHA..yeah..I figured with the size and style of that rig that that was the "floating camp" as well. My home lake, the Great Sacandaga, the marinas are full of larger boats from folks that basically rent a slip, dock their boat and live on it for the weekends or weeks. Pretty neat. They have quite the pad when they get their faux grass carpets layed out on the dock, potted plants etc. Hey, dont have to pay property taxes or the upkeep of a property! My kind of livin!

Yes, the downstairs is the reason we bought the Discovery 246. It has a full size bed, a second twin bed, bathroom, fridge, microwave, and AC. There is enough headroom to stand up fully as well. It is nice as a "live aboard" on weekends. The back is small, but since it's usually just Theresa, it's plenty big for the two of us, and manageable with four people.

Nick

john,

Yes we're doing the Sodus Bay Healing Waters Salmon Slam tournament again this year.  It will be on August 3rd.  The event should be even better this year as we've had some new sponsors come aboard!  I have a discussion going at:

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/index.php/topic/35650-2013-sodus-bay-healing-waters-salmon-slam-august-3rd/

We still have a few openings for teams if you are interested in getting involved!  Just let me know.

Nick