RUFF RIDER Live Report Sodus 6/21-23

No reports this weekend as we couldn't make it up to the lake, but I was finally able to post the first video in our "how to for beginners" series I'm thinking of making... your thoughts and comments on other videos that would be useful for new folks would be appreciated!

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/index.php/topic/37590-ruff-rider-video-tutorial-how-to-run-copper/

Nick,

Great Video in all regards.

We run the same set up - the 500 on the 800 Reel. We've been afraid to use it on the board without all 500 out, so we run it down the chute if running "shallow".. Can't wait to try your version.

Again, terrific job.

Thanks Bridget.  Definitely try running it off the board even in short distances, if you're afraid of fraying the copper using a release, just use a half hitched rubber band around the copper and then put the rubber band in the release.  It's much nicer putting it out to the side and not worrying about it getting tangled when reeling in a dipsey/rigger fish.

Nick

just back from trip 2 day out of Mexico, little Salmon river. We caught Kings, browns and of course lakers (chickens) lol cant wait till next month

Lynn, good to hear! Fishing seems to be slowly picking up. A couple more weeks and it should be rockin!

Looking at that chart, I didn't think 600 ft of copper went that deep. I always used 22ft per 100 out. Probably only going to use 500 ft from now on.

That chart is a bit old, new data is showing it doesnt get quite that deep...

Posted Image

Edited by bobs_boy