Jump to content

downrigger planers?

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know the name of planers that attach directly to the downrigger cable right above the weights to pull the side rigger lines out away from the boat? I was on a charter and the captain used them but I forgot the name he called them. They are ten to twelve inches long and made of thin metal and clip right to the downriger cable. I know lots of guys bend the fins out on their weights to archieve the same effect but I think these may add another attractor component to the spread... thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...