Bass troubles

Adam,

That is almost like asking if there is a good place to eat.  I don't know how to answer that exactly what you are looking for.  Right now, I am focused primarily on soft plastics around 12-15 ft of water, this is from a boat.  Depending on water color, depends on what color bait I use -Clear is natural, Stained is Dark.  Shore fishing, I would use top water or some sort of weedless lures and try weed mattes.  Wacky rigs, are a goto producer in the spring, but I have yet to have success with them so far.  River, go with live bait.  I don't like to use live bait too much right now because it is so hard to keep it alive and fresh so usually don't hit the rivers until fall.

As far as places to fish, you can use google - all the good spots get burned (quickly from pressure) out so no one will tell you where they are.  But bass are everywhere so you should be able to find a few fairly easily by stopping and trying places.  This is the part of fishing that I like.  Goin somewhere I have never been before.  Have fun and get out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Adam,

Try senkos or tube jigs.  Most town or county parks have ponds with largemouth bass in them, they are easy to access and a great place to practice your fishing skills. Pineway Ponds park and the Parma park are two that come to mind on the west side.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I actually have had some luck right down the road from me at Durand park, mostly on a Booyah pad crasher jr. I have tried some senkos and tubes, but the places I have gone seem to be too weedy (even for weedless tx rig). So, I end up back on top. I really am willing to try anywhere. As a father of 2 young girls (4 and 6) it is just a great decompress and get out of the house time. I will definitely have to try out pineway and parma though.

thanks again!

Adam

Try the ore beds at Casey park off rt 104 in town of Ontario. About a mile north up Knikerbocker rd. Great for largemouths from shore or a small boat of some sort (motorless). I've almost always fished it from shore. Use Rapalas or my fav unweighted plastic worms fished slow. Seen and caught some very decent fish there for years. Also good bullhead in spring. Weed situations vary somewhat year to year, but I have never been skunked. Also try the canal if u have a boat. Smallies and largemouths (plus pike, 'eyes, crappie and various sunfish and occasionally other species) can be found along cement walls at landings and anywhere a creek moves into the flow (which can b found with a little sleuthing with maps (google). Mendon Ponds park has at least 3 and up to 5 fishable bodies of water. Some have some access from shore, but it's kind of a tease, as u will always wish to get into a boat "just over there". Especially nice with flyrod poppers in the pads. Also try North Ponds off 104 in Webster for largies. These places are no big secrets to bass folks in the region, and always some good relaxed and often exciting hours of good fishing can be had, without hassles.....