Cayuga Great Morning

Launched out of Taughannock at 6:45AM. Headed north to boy scout camp picked away at small salmon and one nice young bow.  Headed to East shore and found the lakers ready willing and able.  Four lakers later my new favorite spoon from Bobby Fuller FLT  (BOB BARKER) come on down the price is wrong Bobby boy!!!  hooks into what I believe to be the biggest laker I have ever fought.  Well... back up on the story a bit, my beautiful loving kind awesome wife finally decides to go with me this morning.....  She says take the fish, so she grabs the net we get this laker to the boat, he had shoulders like a 20lb king, she tries to get the net under him but the hook hangs in the net and bye bye monster.... I break out laughing and tell her I have the best story to tell everyone and she is almost in tears.  We laugh about it and decide to call it a day.  Well the divorce should be finished soon.   No seriously she is the best for just going.  As i am writing this she will not read it oh well still love her, but man was it a huge fish :o

Lakers did not start biting until 10:30am or I found them take your pick. Caught them on dipsys back 150,200 small gold flutterspoon/ Also caught two up at 45' off rigger in mostly 80 to 120 fow.  The killer lure was BOB BARKER FLT fished 70' to 85' down (silver back with glow green sparkles and a red dot.)  Speed 2.0 to 2.2 and a North troll, did not seem to like it slow today.   Again goes along with the moon phase all the lakers had mostly digested small fingerling bait in them, fed super early or before sunrise got hungry again bout ten or so...  Great time to be out fishing.

I think Nautitroller is on the right track about the feeding phases and it could be an explanation of why the trout are still hanging with/near the bait in the early AM but won't hit on these other Finger lakes as well.

• 4 weeks later...