Cayuga June 23

Fished for the first time on Cayuga today and I have always heard great things about the lake and although it didn't live up to all the hype I was still very pleased with my day I fished my first finger lakes troller association tournament today and managed a third place against a good crew of fisherman! I'm not a big fan of fishing for lakers but after a 2 hour late start due to the owner of the boat forgetting the key and having to return to get it. We finally hit the water we where still setting gear when the first fish hit, a small rainbow on a 7 color hit as it was going out only a few minutes after that the 3 color goes with a Atlantic on it. After a quick 10 min and 2 fish it slowed and the laker spread came out consisting of cowbells, grease traps, flasher flies and few select spoons. The cowbells on a 117' rigger and the grease trap on the 220' dipsy proved to be the most consistent, followed by a double crush glow dark green spinny on the 235 dipsy. Fished from 45fow right out to the middle of the lake and the laker bite was steady from 100-150fow at speeds from 1.7 to 2.1. All in all I was pleased with the day and I'm sure I will be retuning to the lake