Seneca Slow morning after a spectacular moonlit evening...hmmmmm

Went to the east side and splashed down about 5:15 am...2 misses right off the bat.... the weeds were the worst I have ever seen.  Pulled everything up unloaded a crazy amount of junk and headed for the west side.  Attempted to find bait out deep...found a bit in 220' but nothin hittin.  Headed to my trusty old honey hole and bang...35' rigger ...fish on...nice brown...back in the drink.  Trolled a bit more then decided it was time to transform into  tube-ing mode for the kids.  Started in toward the lakehouse when the 35' rigger fired again...was reeling in something that felt familiar in February not June...I saw orange fins coming... perch...that one is heading for the freezer!!!  I think there IS something about lousy first light fishing after those bright moonlit nights.  What do you guys think?  Should I have gone out a bit later....say 10:30 or so?

Andy when I put out all glow stuff the other day it paid off......... too bad about the weeds...... and there is a second go around of the cottonwood hitting the water the last three days I was out....... now with the weekenders the weeds will stay bad......watch the wind !!!!!

Hey Ed,...If  ol kingerboy comes up missin some day don't worry to much.... I have a big juicy T bone waiting for him........he will tell me where those 12.5lbers are.... :bandit:  :lol:

Edited by apb

I think there IS something about lousy first light fishing after those bright moonlit nights.  What do you guys think?  Should I have gone out a bit later....say 10:30 or so?

Trolled from 5am to 9am on Keuka yesterday and caught only 3 lakers. This is the second time I tried fishing the morning after a full moon. I don't think the full moon thing is a myth!  :drunk:

Those mornings after big full bright moons i have found that if the bite is not hot right off it will pick up mid morning..  It may not be a feeding frenzy but they will be snacking a bit.... But yesterday on Cayuga it was steady all day so go figure ????

Mike

Mike, you guys had them figured out.... many other boats did not. We only caught 4 lakers (and dozens of dink salmon) in 7 hours of hard fishing. One boat stated that " it was the worst fishing on Cayuga he had ever seen".

I would have to admit that other things were going on besides the bright moon. On the north end we battled brisk winds (equals poor boat speed control) and fierce water currents.....

Also, the fact that the lunker fish (which I was lucky to catch) was only 7-5. That's a good indicator that the fishing sucked.....