Cayuga 6-23-13

Launched from Deans cove about 530 am ran a bit south and set up shop on a south troll.... We ran cores riggers coppers rigs and dipsys... Wasnt long before fish on .... Lots of small salmon and lakers ... Trolled a bit further south and I here someone yell RIGGER !!!! Turn around and this bow was on its first jump just as I grab the rod .. Great little fight and some really nice acrobatics we get the 5 ln bow to the net.... Its always a treat to come over to Cayuga from Seneca once in awhile and get spoiled with lots of fish. .. Finger Lakes Tackle Spoons were doing the damage and Big Weenie Seneca Ghost did the rest behind a white on white spinny ...We ended up 30 for 32 and finishing second in our FLTA tourney.... One thing I must say is there definitely needs to be some lampracide treatments done over there the lampreys are out of control... Seneca had it done a few years ago and has helped tremendously.... Headed to Lake Erie Thursday for some Monster lakers and Steelhead hope to do a live report on this forum if nobody minds... lol

Mike

post-148405-13720808351877_thumb.jpg

post-148405-13720809366771_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke

Nice going Mike. That was a nice bow....looked like a female? Is the bait still clustered in shallow (40-70 ft) there like in Seneca and Canandaigua?

That sure is a very nice box of trout, must have been a fun adventure, do you eat those trout? if so how do you prepare them, are they the color orange inside? I was told they are way different in flavor then the stocked trout we catch in our local streams. Just curious PAP.

Thanks guys !!

Nice going Mike. That was a nice bow....looked like a female? Is the bait still clustered in shallow (40-70 ft) there like in Seneca and Canandaigua?

Yeah it was a hen bow ..  Lots of bait in about 100 fow on east and west side

That sure is a very nice box of trout, must have been a fun adventure, do you eat those trout? if so how do you prepare them, are they the color orange inside? I was told they are way different in flavor then the stocked trout we catch in our local streams. Just curious PAP.

We dont eat a lot of the trout but we have all kinds of friends that do so they eat very well ... Lol...   I do how ever love an Atlantic salmon done on the grill dry rubbed with italian pinch seasoning and a little butter and Lemon...  and yes they are on the orange side...

WTC Mike :yes:  ..... I had to work while you were out there having all that fun....Oh well !!!!!!! :lol:

Bout time I got ya back Rabbit  !!!  :lol:  :P

I will be going to Erie second week in July I will be looking forward to your live report .

Gonna try will be there Thursday Friday and Saturday and as along as i have good cell signal I will do my best....

Mike