My Bday 6/26

Yesterday was my birthday and got to fish with with my ole man and Musky Itch's Chuck Battaglia on a lil gem of a lake. Great way to spend the day with my ole man and I both getting some decent fish casting. Action was hot and heavy early with a front and moontimes coming together- was a perfect way to spend my bday. Haven't fished with my father in at least a dozen years since he moved down to NYC to finish up his doctor work.  Was neat to see him get bit and set those hooks home with boat rocking hooksets like he used to, missed fishing with him! Big bucktails/topwater seemed to be the trick for us, need to give a big thanks to Chuck for showing us all the ins/outs of that lake- have never ever met anyone with so much intimate knowledge about a lake. Not wanting to put too many pics up of that lake but GREAT TIME had by all. That lil lake is quickly becoming one of my fav's for sure, I always seem to do well every time I have been lucky enough to visit her. Cool a$$ day finally getting in the boat with "Pop's" and Chuck- I am a lucky man! Best wishes to all and of course good luck if you happen to get out fishing anytime soon!

Edited by zach

Happy, Happy to Zach.... and good to meet papa Zach... enjoyable day with an old friend and a new friend... couple fish in the boat, couple blow ups, couple follows and a couple nice bass makes a good morning. Smiles hold the new memories.post-150581-0-49262500-1372344246_thumb.jpg

Congrads Guy's! Not everyday fishing when you can get on the water with those close to you, that had to be a great day for both of you.I spent 3 hours doing eyes on Erie this morning before the rain & thunder, we caught 7 and kids dropped 3.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by mostlymuskies

Glad to hear how great your birthday was!  It is memories like these that you will hold onto for life and fondly look back at.  Great fishing...even better times with family and friends :yes:

Oh, and happy belated.

--Joe

Happy birthday and good for you for fishing with dad. Those days are the best and don't last forever.post-142867-13723680352447_thumb.jpgthat's my old man a looooong time ago. I celebrated your birthday by buying 2 bakers from mto. Fire tiger and the black and white one.

Happy birthday and good for you for fishing with dad. Those days are the best and don't last forever.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1372368033.482982.jpgthat's my old man a looooong time ago. I celebrated your birthday by buying 2 bakers from mto. Fire tiger and the black and white one.

Great to hear you had a good birthday, a very special day when you can spend it with your dad :) . Don't wait so long to do it again!! Life is to short. I lost my dad to cancer 5 years ago, we spent a lot of fishing days together, I sure miss him and those great days together. I have twin girls age 8 and they love to fish off dads boat, they fill the gap, and I'm blessed to have to girls that love to fish the big O, I see many things they do that remind me of dad, and that's why I take the time to show them what to do. Some of the things he used to do, Tangles, knots, line wrapped over the tip, complaining the equipment doesn't work properly, you know all the things that used to pi$$ you off, now you just laugh and go with it. Thanks dad, I know is revenge from above. :nod: