Fair Haven Beach State Park

Question-

Do you have to pay to use the launch there? Looks like on the map the main entrance to the park is seperate from the entrance to the launch? Just thinking here. Second question, are there any signs in the parking lot indicating that you cannot stay in your rv at the launch..thinking pulling the boat with the (small RV 24') launching with the RV of course pakring the RV While on Boat, then reloading the boat on RV and parking in parking lot staying in the RV overnight..Just curious.

You have to check in at the office when you arrive. If the small booth is open they would sell you a day pass for the boat and vechicle. Otherwise you could stop at the office and get a pass to dock your boat there. I dont know how much it is per night. But since you have the RV I would just grab a campsite and you would be all set. I dont think its all that expensive either...

They patrol it pretty well after 10pm and they dont fancy lot squatters lol....

mrclean, where would I park my boat though that is the question. If they have docks that you can rent right at the Park that would be ideal.

there is that. I guess the next question is, we have a 24' RV and basically a 24" boat. is there enough room on these sites? I have never been there

Here's the number to the campground. They should be able to answer your questions. 3159475205

They can not make reservations, you will need to go through a different reservation service for State Parks. They can give you the info when you call. I hope you can get a spot, FH State Park is very popular and begins booking up in January.

If you choose to leave the boat in the water, lock everything up and its probably just as safe as any other place. The Park Police do rounds and will check people they see down there at night. I have slept on my boat many nights there.

Leaving it in the water will probably be $20 or so per night so you would need to decide if its worth pulling the boat to save $20 or not. Also would depend on space to park it overnight.

Good luck,

Andy