Why no snubber?

No need for a snubber with the stretch in the mono and the rods we use. I have noticed a better hookup ratio without a snubber. I use Daiwa Saltists that have the best drag on the market IMHO!!! Smooth as silk!!! Good Luck.

Capt Rich

Have always used snubbers..running 4 wire divers.   Three weeks ago we lost one and fished without it.   Had better hookup ratios and more feel for the fish imo.    We took the rest of our snubbers off.

Our diver rods and reels (talora and tekota) are REALLY broken in, so they probably absorb some of the shock.   We stepped up to 40lb fluoro leaders as well, so I can't think of what might break in whole equation.

So far so good!

About the only time I will run a snubber is if I am fishing close to the surface and specifically targeting rainbows/steelhead in late April/May along a thermal bar (where they are making numerous jumps sometimes pulling the diver clear of the water) or walleye trolling with one friend who is particularly heavy handed and tends to pull hooks from fish a lot. Otherwise, I can't find a compelling reason to use them.

I always run snubbers on wire dipsys and no problem with hook ups.

The drags on my Tekota 600's are so smooth that I can run them set tighter than most.

Only disk diver I don't run snubbers on are Slide divers because of the stretch of the 50 - 70 ft of mono leader.

My dipsy rods are setup with 65# power pro spectra. Would u guys still recommend no snubber?

I would recommend starting out with a snubber.

They help to dissipate some of the energy caused by a big ole mean King slamming a lure. 

These fish will break stuff.

If it's not working for you it would take all of a minute to remove it and draw your own conclusion.

Good luck

Glen

Biggest key in my opinion, is the flex in the rod more than the drag in any reel. Yes a smooth drag is better, but a nice long flexing rod will absorb more shock than a snubber. Only reason to snub is because your rod will not take the shock, it is too stiff. I like 10 foot limber diver rods with some backbone in the first third of the rod. I have Daiwa great lake 47 lc doing the job season after season...never a break off. 30 lb wire right to the dipsy...30 flouro to the lure.