I fished for a few hours between Stony and Galoo islands didn't catch a fish bit had 2 releases on Dreamweaver UV.

Water temp was 56 degrees from 30 fow down to bottom. Marked some nice fish from 40 to 80 but nothing wanted to hit. I ran spinnys spoons just about anything I could think of and nothing. Good I hope the fishing picks up.

Sent from the awesomeness of Chas!

Chas

Was fishing a SD/Fly on a rigger Sat 110' down over 325' and had a release also. Are those releases fish? I assumed it was thinking we're halfway to the bottom and set the release deep in the pads of the Offshore Release. I can't imagine anything other than a fish causing the line to release like that.

We have family friends who live on the Lake in Dexter. They even have a boathouse. At some point gonna trailer the Islander up for a weekend of fishing.  I see Stony and Galloo on Google earth. is that area decent overall for fishing? How about out toward Main Duck Island?

Chas

Was fishing a SD/Fly on a rigger Sat 110' down over 325' and had a release also. Are those releases fish? I assumed it was thinking we're halfway to the bottom and set the release deep in the pads of the Offshore Release. I can't imagine anything other than a fish causing the line to release like that.

Most of the time it is a short strike unless it is bottom. Most of the time I check the lure to make sure there isn't any debris on the lure.

Hey there Chas I wondering how deep you were fishing and your speed? Just wondering because the bite is fast and furious out there !!!

I was all over on depth. I had 3 riggers down and 3 dipsys. Riggers were set 30, 60, 80 with dipsys 60, 70, and 85. All dipsys had flasher flies and riggers had spoons.

My down speed was 2.5 at 70' in 55.8°

The fish are right up on the shore line try running 20 - 40 fow riggers down 10-15 I managed 15 browns the other day in a couple hours all stingers on the riggers!!!  Fish ranged from 6 to 15 pounds!!!

The fish are right up on the shore line try running 20 - 40 fow riggers down 10-15 I managed 15 browns the other day in a couple hours all stingers on the riggers!!! Fish ranged from 6 to 15 pounds!!!

Sounds good I will give it a shot tomorrow.

BU,

Last weekend we fished from Stony point to stony creek, best depths for bts was 30-50', follow the contour on your GPS if you have it. All our fish came on stingers in natural colors, black widow, was our best, on short cores and riggers with long leads. I am betting they will be in close proximity to those same depths this week. We slid off the finger onto the wall and did mark some kings, but they were not active for us. Usually this time of year in that area it is mostly a spoon bite. Our GPS speed was 2.3-2.5. Good Luck

Capt. Rich

Capt rich thanks for the help, im used to staying on the high rocks in the trench. I feel like im fishing for kings but got browns in the big water. This was last year. im heading up for my first time this year and instead im launching from stony instead of henderson. Can I troll the 50 foot water off the bays outside of stony? this is where our camp is......or stick with the trench? 

Edited by gatorsin09

The brown bite starts right at the cliffs coming out of henderson. Went 16-21 last saturday on browns in 15-80'. Nothing deeper than 40' down. Ran riggers leadcores and drop sinkers and hit them on everything. No need for the long haul to the islands yet. Heard they may be a little deeper but I have found pounding the shore early produces fish. Two to three colors on leadcore with stingrays worked great. Yellows have been hot out there. Done for now in the playground up there.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You can start right outside stony creek, the first area we started last weekend was from stony creek back to drowned island, we made that pass 3 times then headed toward the light house to get away from the crowd. We found more fish and bait in 40-50' more towards the light house. Good luck.

Capt. Rich

Ended up working several lines on Saturday covering from 10' to 50' down in 60' to 80' of water from 5:30 until 7:30 from lighthouse back towards Henderson to end of high rocks. Didn't have any action and saw down temps from 67 degrees near lighthouse to 52 towards Henderson end. Pushed out deeper to 130' of water and covered from 20' to 60' down with a flasher fly on one rigger, and inline flasher spoon on other and spoons off dipsys. Caught a 25.5 lb king at 9:00 on the inline flasher with yellow/green stingray 50' down, then had to quite at 10:30. Couldn't find any browns early, did anyone else have luck on Browns?

post-151827-13726421528545_thumb.jpg

We went 3 for 5 on browns on the north side of Stoney. A lot of bait and some reel nice hooks on the screen. All browns came on riggers and blue dolphin stingers from 25-40 in 60 - 80 fow. Ended up trying for lakers between the islands, no bait , no hooks, no fish.

We went 3 for 5 on browns on the north side of Stoney. A lot of bait and some reel nice hooks on the screen. All browns came on riggers and blue dolphin stingers from 25-40 in 60 - 80 fow. Ended up trying for lakers between the islands, no bait , no hooks, no fish.

Same for me on Sunday. I am hoping to get out again before the end of my vacation I want one of these nice kinda I keep seeing.

I'm heading out Thursday from Cape Vincent, so Galloo is about as far South as we can manage.  Last Saturday we went 12-14 on browns on the north side of Galloo in 15-25 fow with stingers, but I'm sure things have changed in the past week and a half.

Any suggestions on depth and location for browns and early Kings in that area would be appreciated!

Steve

I am also heading up there wednesday. I will be coming from pillar point and plan to hit stoney thursday and work everything in the area all the way out to the end of the finger. I have had great success so far this year there with many days of over 20 catches. The plan will be browns to start then switch as we get deeper for kings. They are around, just not plentiful yet. Will see how thursday goes as to where i go the rest of the weekend.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Anbody fish stony this past weekend are browns biting off the cliffs. I dont have a very big boat to go out far but can get to the cliffs to at least try for browns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Anbody fish stony this past weekend are browns biting off the cliffs. I dont have a very big boat to go out far but can get to the cliffs to at least try for browns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I didn't make it out but I have heard they are still catching them. The water temp hasn't changed so I would guess it is still good fishing over there.