24 ft Sea Ray "Lucky Enuff" , twin I/o hardtop for sale

Fishtails

With very mixed feelings and a heavy heart I have decided it might be time move to a bigger boat to get the wife and daughter up to the lake more often with my son and I.  She would enjoy a fluffy live aboard boat, so trusted old Sea Ray is going up for sale unless I come to me senses before it sells  :)

You can view a few pictures and a video all taken this year on our facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lucky-Enuff-Sportfishing/180497058654759

I WONT ANSWER QUESTIONS HERE ON LOU.....you must email me at  [email protected]

I am heading up to the boat this weekend to do a few things and I will take some more pictures of the inside and outside. The boat will be available for inspection at Jon's Little Salmon Bait & Tackle in Mexico NY.  

Lucky Enuff is a very rare, turn key- restored 240 Sea Ray SRV with twin Mercruiser 165hp 6 cyl. chevy motors (250 ci inline 6). Both motors (330+hp total) were rebuilt motors installed about 5 years ago. I don't know the hours, but both are very strong with many years of life left if taken care of. The outdrives are Sterndrive engineering SE106 drives. One is 3 seasons old, the other was new this spring.

She's a fast, dependable and economical fishing boat.  I never fully opened it up to find the top end, but she cruises at 25-29 mph depending on seas and how many persons aboard. Fastest I took it up to was 37 mph on the gps, but it had more.  Normally, I cruise it around at about 25 and it barely works the motors and gets very good gas mileage at that speed. This boat has been a great fishing rig for us the past 7 years. It's set up and ready to fish!

Fuel economy:  a couple weeks ago we made back to back runs from Mexico to Henderson, a 20 mile run each way. That equates to 80 miles running at low cruise speed (25 mph) pus 14 hours of trolling, and she burned a total of 50 gallons of fuel. I'm really going to miss that fuel economy.

She's an older boat, but has been gone over extensively the past 7 years with many many new parts. There has never been a survey done, but the hull and transom is very solid and very thick. The motors do not bolt to the stringers, but rather to a cross member that runs across the stringers. Pretty neat design and rock solid!!

It does have a large engine box to house the 2 motors, but there is plenty of room to get down each side to the riggers or to net fish  and we have come to enjoy how usable the engine box is.  This design makes for a very stable boat in rough seas because your feet are at the water line. While I would not suggest it, there is a person or two on LOU that can varify she'll handle 6-8+ ft seas without a problem. I have been out in some nasty stuff, and in 7 years I've only had one puker, and shadster pukes on everyones boat, right buddy, lol   :puke:  it has really high gunnels (belt high on a 5'8" man).  This is NOT a short person's boat  but a great boat if you have kids!! 

It used to have a flybridge. I removed it two seasons ago and we installed a custom hardtop on the boat. It looks really nice, is way more functional and there is now about 6'3" or 6'4" of head clearance under the hardtop. 

Boat is an 8' beam and very easy for one person to handle.

This boat has fished tournaments at about every port on the lake, so you may have already seen it.

luckyenuff1_zps490dcc48.jpg

It comes with::

Furuno FCV 582 color fishfinder w/ through hull ducer

Raymarine 530 color chartplotter

Raymarine st6002 auto pilot

Fish Hawk x-4

Raymarine vhf

Back up Lawrance depth finder

Big Jon Planer Reels

2 triple Big Jon Rod Holders

Walker Strike Vision (set-up and fully functioning)

9 rod holder rocket launcher

2 net holders

4 adjustable planer board rod holders

Walker downriggers

New Kenwood Stereo system

4 new batteries (2 house+2 starting)

3 battery switches

2 battery combiners

2 bilge pumps 

upgraded sea star hydraulic steering

upgraded electronic ignitions

2003 dual axle aluminum trailer

Preventative maintenance Over the past couple years:

New gimbal bearings 

New shift cables

New Fuel Filler hose

New fuel lines & water separators

New starters

New alternators

New running lights

All New Wiring

New shift interrupter switches

New ignition coils

New Props

etc, etc.

Tons more....

Asking $11,000 obo

Email me to take a look or as questions.

More pictures to come next week....

Edited by Fishtails

2thdoc you obviously haven't been on this site very long and should maybe think before posting?... For anyone considering the boat Rod has been a very helpful member for many years and have brought out many members on this site to fish.... I've personally have fished a couple tournys out of this boat and she is certainly a fish catcher.... Good luck rod and can't wait to see what lucky enuff 2 will be

Thumbs up fish man.

Fishtails has been on this site for a long time. I've been here since 2010. I've seen that sea ray in person. Sharp sharp rig. See ray lover and currently purchasing one next week. I understand not wanting to answer questions on this site, although easy, it weeds out tire kickers who just poke their noses through and ask little questions. If you're really interested email him!

Nick

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

So you want to sell a boat on this site but won't answer questions publicly...shady!!!!!!

No, not shady, but thanks for your input ?? lol I just don't want to play 50 questions with tire kickers like yourself who either think the'll get it for 5 G or aren't even interested. I'll negotiate with the right person, but not here.

Trust me, I've been warned by others :rofl:. Anyone seriously interested can email me and come see it in person. I'm in no hurry :)

Besides that, I will be up at the lake a good part of the summer. I get my emails, but don't get on LOU very much when I'm up there. You can see it at Jon's little salmon in Mexico, or at The Sodus Pro Am if I still have it by then. It's also available for test runs or a day of fishing with me on her for anyone who's serious. A couple guys emailed already, it's not that hard :lol:

For anyone considering the boat Rod has been a very helpful member for many years and have brought out many members on this site to fish.... I've personally have fished a couple tournys out of this boat and she is certainly a fish catcher.... Good luck rod and can't wait to see what lucky enuff 2 will be

Thanks Matt :yes: Looking at a couple Trojans over the next couple days. We'll see, not sure yet but you know how much I love my Sea Ray. This ain't gonna be easy. lol The days of running all over the lake will be gone, that's for sure. If it gets the wife and daughter out more, I guess I can make the lifestyle change.

Fishtails has been on this site for a long time. I've been here since 2010. I've seen that sea ray in person. Sharp sharp rig. See ray lover and currently purchasing one next week. I understand not wanting to answer questions on this site, although easy, it weeds out tire kickers who just poke their noses through and ask little questions. If you're really interested email him!

Thanks Nick :yes: My thoughts exactly!

Edited by Fishtails

Rod,

Buy the new boat first or you will end up like me...boatless!

Good luck with the sale. It's been a great boat and fish catcher for you. I'm gonna miss the Baker          

:rofl:  I'm trying Jeff. Hey, I may talk myself out of this crazy idea. You guys that have fished with me have never heard me mention ever selling this boat, or utter a bad word about it. Honestly, I'm pretty shocked I'm considering it. I've owned it 7 years now...figured I'd have it for another 7 years yet.

The wife and daughter won't tolerate biting flies and getting up @ 5am. If they are going to join us boys, they want a cushy cruiser so they can sleep in and do girl stuff while I fish and enjoy nature.  I am/was perfectly content with Lucky Enuff, or the baker as you like to call it :lol:

• 1 year later...