The FOW should have some fish marking on the fish finder , Try using  different spoons or flies in a green colour. Do you have any  dipsy rods with rotators ?How is your stuff set up ,Please describe how and what you are using ,Maybe we can hook you a fish or two. LBT1    

Tonight we were in 60-70 fow...marking a ton of baitfish and huge hooks....I've never seen so many fish on the screen in my life....lines were down 30-65 feet in 70fow...we used meat.....flies with spin doctors....flashers.l.watermelon spoons....maybe it's just not out luck this year so far. Trolling at 1.8-3....nothing.

Santana2 ,do you gauge the mph on your fish finder? Lake Ontario has currents down under. Your rigs may not be working right at all. We use a Moore temp probe that has a built in speedo drive. It attaches to the electric downrigger and gives us live data, temps and speed at the ball depth we are set to. This shows us how fast our lures trolling at. The currents down under can stop your rigs from spinning and you end up just floating along, even though the rod tips are bent and locked in. Try running east for about a 1/2 hour or so against the current, lures will Speed Up. Fish On. LBT1

Santana2 ,do you gauge the mph on your fish finder? Lake Ontario has currents down under. Your rigs may not be working right at all. We use a Moore temp probe that has a built in speedo drive. It attaches to the electric downrigger and gives us live data, temps and speed at the ball depth we are set to. This shows us how fast our lures trolling at. The currents down under can stop your rigs from spinning and you end up just floating along, even though the rod tips are bent and locked in. Try running east for about a 1/2 hour or so against the current, lures will Speed Up. Fish On. LBT1

good tips, going to pick up a fish hawk temp probe today, make sure our lures are around the proper depth..and going to try trolling east and see how that works. 

• 5 weeks later...

I went out the other day and was skunked for the very first time ever! Few days prior we boated two fish, one around 35 lbs and a monster of 38 lbs. Just barely fit in the net!

same thing happened with us yesturday, 2 days ago when the weather was iffy, boated 3 nice fish all in the 25-32 range in 80fow then not a single thing yesterday, just outside Whitby

same thing happened with us yesturday, 2 days ago when the weather was iffy, boated 3 nice fish all in the 25-32 range in 80fow then not a single thing yesterday, just outside Whitby

Go figure eh? I for one can't believe there is such a fantastic fishery 10 minute from home. Hope to out tomorrow and Tuesday.

• 3 weeks later...

The fishing is really getting good as they move close at all of the river mouths .Good fishing in morning and sundown fishing  all weekend , Good luck to All !! Gone to catch another Big One or 2. LBT1 

The fishing is really getting good as they move close at all of the river mouths .Good fishing in morning and sundown fishing  all weekend , Good luck to All !! Gone to catch another Big One or 2. LBT1 

marking really big hooks just outside of the Oshawa harbor the last few days. Went out on the dinghy couple mornings ago, threw out 2 dipsy's and pulled in a mid 20's. Looked out of place beside all the big boats and can sometimes be a pain to bring the fish in by yourself but still works hah. 

We were out last week and boated some amazing fish up in the late thirties and earlier forties. Never seen such big fish in my life other than by the side of the local rivers, dead after spawning. So far this season we've boated at least five fish 35lbs or better and many many lesser fish ranging from 12 to 25 lbs.

Everyone is posting that they are catching....blah blah blah but why not lure choices colours and depths?

Just wondering....I have been out 4 times skunked once the other three we did ok.....caught mostly on a purple spin dr with green fly....near the spit......80 foot depths over 120.

Cheers...kinda newbie...mostly lurker.....