me right? christrouthunter988

I am not new to this board. Formerly trouthunter988 I discontinued my old email account so rejoined with a new gmail. I love this board!! My name is Chris and I live in Avon with my beautiful wife Noella.and son Brian in NY National Guard .daughter Rebecca in 7th grade this fall. We hunt and fish when ever we can all of us Mom doesn't hunt but even Rebecca is stalking squirrels with her single shot 22 already and ready for a bow she says on her next birthday this Sept 11..she will be 12. I work at CooperVision as a Coordinator in the International Department ..awesome group of folks great boss no complaints..truly blessed with a good job and nice digs here in Avon...any who on the fishing side..The smoker 16 is sold now too clunky and too small for big O right. I have in the meantime been fortunate to buy my cousins 14 smoker really solid boat but need some TLC keeps me busy on the weekends fixen her up nice 9.9 merc on her ..when I get done with this 14 it will be a fishing machine as good or better than the 16 was..can't wait to slip back out on Hemlock at 4 am...Hey good.luck all..be safe ..have fun we are truly blessed to have all NY offers as a fishery..Chris

Best of luck to you Chris. Your last sentence sure sums it up....I've thought about it many times having grown up in this area. It is especially in my mind as the fishing season rolls on and I see folks coming from the far reaches of Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Ohio etc. and other states and driving many hours just to get here to do some fishing. I used to do a lot of photography and I would meet many tourists coming here to the Finger Lakes region and Lake Ontario and they would say "man....you are really lucky to live here...this place is one of the most beautiful spots I've ever seen" I often wonder when I hear the folks on here from different places and their long drives etc. "Would I be that committed to the sport that I love?" I think the answer is "yes" but I'm not totally sure...I do maintain a healthy respect for those people who go out of their way to take part in this great sport of ours.....especially considering gas prices etc. these days....it's not easy.

Welcome back Chris!...great name! My son honors the same. Maybe see you around Golden Hill, or even Hemlock. tcon Tom and I plan on some trips on Hemlock. Look forward to seeing your fun and fortune on the lakes and in the woods of NY.

Mark