Cayuga north-end perch?

jonboat

So, if anybody is still up it's afte 11PM), my wife wants to go perch fishing tomorrow, and I'm thinking about Cayuga because it's not too far away. I just picked a bunch of nightcrawlers, but stopping at a baitshop for some fatheads is always an option too.

I grew up fishing the Branchport end of Keuka, but don't have a whole lot of knowledge of the other Finger Lakes (where to go for what, other than salmonids and lakers).

I'd like to launch at Frontenac Park and am wondering if anybody has any tips for perch in that part of the lake. I googled perch fishing Cayuga lake, and found mentions of perch out around the island. Looking for some fish to fry. She doesn't want to get up early like we did last weekend when we fished Owasco, so I'll be checking back in the morning. If you're not wanting to burn any spots, PM's are welcome. I'd be plenty willing to launch at Mud Lock too, so pretty much anything on the North end will work.  Any help is appreciated!  Thanks folks!

You won't have any problems perch fishing on Cayuga. Perch are in 2ft to 20ft of water right now. 8 -15ft being the best. You will find them on all the shore lines. On the north end you can find them by the island. I would actually work out to the middle of the lake off that island. They bite on just about anything. I like little jig heads with squirts from bass pro that look like crayfish but flat head minnows are probably the most popular. Just work them off the bottom. Hardest part is picking through all the small perch to find jacks. Good luck!post-146911-13725750044827_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info!!!

Any place between Port Byron and Union springs to buy fatheads?  I've got some of the squirts (usually use for crappie) and even have some in crayfish colors. Thinking since we can each use 3 rods, I'll mix & match what I use for bait and let the fish tell us what they want today.

Tight lines!