Boat photos...

Is their a post on here already with boat photos. I am in the process of looking and I am just looking for the boat with the right lines. I would like to be able to see the 20-25 foot boats out there on the water so I can dig deeper. Just so many quality makers and living in an area that large fishing boats are used, its hard to know where to look. The dream is a 25 Penn Yan but need more options. Any help out there. Just post your make and model of boat and maybe a photo. Thanks look forward to seeing this upcoming info.

Not all penny's are tunnel... You can find many with an out drive.. Check out the penn yan brokerage website. Also Great Lakes fisherman website has specific boat pics thread and also glangler forum has a show off your rig thread. Hope that helps a little

Here are some high quality alternatives you may wish to consider in mostly express style boats around 25'. Each would make a superior trolling platform for lake fishing.

25' Bertram

1990-1993 Boston Whaler 25' walkaround

24/25' Blackfin

25' Carolina Classic

24/25' Grady White (and 23' Gulfstream)

24' North Coast
24' Rampage
23/25' Seacraft

25/26 Stamas
25' Surfhunter
25' Tiara Pursuit.

Edited by John E Powell

Check out : www.pennyanboats.com and www.walleye.com for used boats

Here's a picture of my 255 Penn Yan Intruder, I think there's one listed on www.boattrader.com

attachicon.gifIMG_0040.JPG attachicon.gifIMG_0040.JPG

Very nice mudflat. I just bought the same model about a month ago and just finished getting it outfitted. 5.7l EFI with duoprop and only 287 hours. The boat was stored for 6 years before being put back into commission last year. Ira Jones surveyed it both on land and a sea trial and he went over it with a fine tooth comb for me. Lol. He's worth every penny!  I don't see any listing for one on boat trader. This model is hard to find. Where are you docked?

Edited by MikeyP

This is our 25 Sportcraft. You do have to duck to get from the back deck to under the hardtop.

Photo won't load.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

Edited by G-Daddy

"Very nice mudflat. I just bought the same model about a month ago and just finished getting it outfitted. 5.7l EFI with duoprop and only 287 hours. The boat was stored for 6 years before being put back into commission last year. Ira Jones surveyed it both on land and a sea trial and he went over it with a fine tooth comb for me. Lol. He's worth every penny!  I don't see any listing for one on boat trader. This model is hard to find. Where are you docked?"

Right now I keep her on the trailer and launch anywhere from Catfish to Sodus.

Boat and trailer weigh in at 7800lbs loaded and beam is 8'6" so I'm right at the limit for trailering without permits

Probably would be cheaper to slip it somewhere than all the fuel I use towing.

Here's the listing for the Penn Yan on boattrader, this one has been listed for awhile and they have come down in price but it's still a little salty, might be open to offers?

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2001-Penn-Yan-255-Intruder-101825807

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have my 1992 Penn Yan 245 Contender for sale. Very clean and in great shape. I have been fishing for many years and the lady and i decided it was time to move to doing something else in the summer. I am selling it fully equipt. Just send me a PM if you are interested.

Here are a few pictures.

Regards,

Robert

post-145858-0-06593400-1374192707_thumb.jpg

post-145858-0-16828200-1374192738_thumb.jpg

post-145858-0-28019400-1374192766_thumb.jpg

post-145858-0-88757900-1374192796_thumb.jpg

post-145858-0-08464200-1374192835_thumb.jpg

If you like the down east trawler style, EASTERN makes a nice boat.  I have a 248 EASTERN EXPLORER (24'), they also make a 248 TOURNEMENT which is outfitted for fishing. 

Here is a link to their website that has pictures and specs:  http://easternboats.com/248-tournament-2/ 

If you have an interest, reply, and I can give you some performance details.  Good luck looking for a boat, there's a ton of them out there, with their own pro's and con's.

Hi,

I have my 1992 Penn Yan 245 Contender for sale. Very clean and in great shape. I have been fishing for many years and the lady and i decided it was time to move to doing something else in the summer. I am selling it fully equipt. Just send me a PM if you are interested.

Here are a few pictures.

Regards,

Robert

Darn....where were you in the winter?  I did find a 225 Outrage this spring which was fully loaded and bought it....but i would have loved to find a slightly larger boat, like the 245 Contender.   i just didnt want to go any bigger!   

Anyways....NICE RIG!