Yankee @ the Oak 6/29 - Good day for June!

We left a little late due to some over sleepers, but it didn’t affect our bite one bit. We headed NE out to 150’ of water and began to set up a spread. We could see that a majority of the marks and bait were in the top 80’. We went down with our three Cannon downriggers. Two had spoon programs on them and a third went deep with a large flasher/fly. We deployed our divers as well as a 10 color and  300 copper out on the boards. 

The best water we found was 175’-250’ down by the glass house. Our stud for the day was our 300’ A-TOM-MIK copper pulling a green flasher trailed by an A-TOM-MIK Bobblehead fly. The 10 color was also going consistently with a Stinger Stingray Black Widow. It was a junk line kind of day for us. Although the riggers did take a few our 200 and 300 A-TOM-MIK copper and our 10 color took a majority. We even tripled on all of those rigs at one time.

Our biggest fish of the day would end up falling victim to a downrigger. We had a Mountain Dew flasher trailed by an A-TOM-MIK Ultra Green Glow fly parked at 101’ when it hit. After Lloyd dropped at least two other screamers earlier in the day, but he managed to put this on in our Grizzly cooler! 

Sunday we stayed dockside and listened to everyone complaining about a tough bite. Breakfast at the 4C’s cafe was good, and we got to do some work on our gear after the great Spring we had. The Lake is slowly transitioning out of the June doldrums. Any day now the West end is going to break open and it will be on! 

IMG_20130629_131056_zps17edc787.jpg

IMG_20130629_083155_zps3dbbe020.jpg

IMG_20130629_114837_zps0b6283da.jpg

IMG_20130629_075127_zps06244fbb.jpg

Way to go Rick man!...happy looking guests with nice fish.

Flloyd, ...looks like a trucker.....I don't know....?..maybe the pens, and tire guage in his pocket?..or the hat?...LOL!...nice salmon for him! Reminds me of my dad in ways..

Mark

Looks like my grammar in this post wasn't as good as it usually is, so sorry for that.

Mark - He's a farmer. The lost fish weren't his fault. They weren't biting good for some odd reason. Was just one of those days.

Edited by Yankee Troller

Looks like my grammar in this post wasn't as good as it usually is, so sorry for that.

Mark - He's a farmer. The lost fish weren't his fault. They weren't biting good for some odd reason. Was just one of those days.

Drop an F-bomb!..no not in your grammar......for the farmer/fish bite http://www.fishbomb.com/ :o Edited by skipper19