Okuma magda pro parts ?

Ok i just picked up two Magda pro ma 30dk reels at an awesome price but while im relineing them i notice the leveler is hanging up at the ends. I took it apart and noticed the little blade that rides in the groove is pretty worn. So after a little searching on the intenet i cant seem to find parts for these things. I know these reels are pretty popular and was wondering if anybody knew where i could get parts or a rebuild kit for these ?? 

That little v shaped piece is called the pawl and it rides in the grooves of the worm. Typically, these are bent because the line and line guide are out of sync. What happens is that if you allow the line to pass completely through the guide on to the reel, inevitably the reel handle gets turned and moves the guide along the worm gear throwing the line and guide out of sync. So the line ends up coming off the spool on one end while the guide is way over on the other end putting an enormous amount of stress on the pawl with a good fish on. This could cause the fish of a lifetime when you can't reel it in because the pawl gets bent and stuck in the worm gear. I posted a YouTube on the Tackle and Techniques section concerning this.

Edited by Thun

Thanks for the info guys i just find it odd that nobody local has parts or rebuilds these things. Seems like a ton of people have them and i would think there would be a big demand for that 

My hunch is that there isn't enough money in it for the time involved and the cost of stocking so many parts for different models and reels would be too great for a small time business if it were dependent on that.

I contacted Okuma directly when I had a part break on one of my 30s. They were nice enough to send replacements for free. I have the exploded drawings and told the rep which part I needed. Turned out they updated the part so they sent the group update for my vintage 30.

By the way, they will replace rod parts factory direct as well. I broke an eye on a lifetime rod and they replaced the top section once I sent it back to them.

If you're feeling ambitious, while you have the reel apart you might want to consider replacing the drag washers (or greasing the ones already in the reel with Cal's drag grease) A poster on Alan Tani's reel repair website states, "the washer under the gear is HT-100 #6-113 and the 3 HT-100 in the stack are #6-309. But, check with Tuna's first, they'll send you the right ones for sure.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2372.0

I couldn't find a tutorial on his website for the Magda reel but this poster says the Convector tutorial helped him with his Magda

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=6245.0

The convector tutorial

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=774.0

And if you clean and lube the bearings with a good reel lube such as Corrosion X or Reel X (WD 40 will gum up the works), your reels will be like new. Here's a tutorial on bearings. Keep in mind spool bearings use oil, all other bearings use a marine grade grease.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13.0

Edited by Thun

Just contacted OKUMA and there hooking me up with two for alot cheaper then anyboby else. Really good custumer service !! Thanks to everyone for the help ! LOVE L.O.U !

I had bought 2 reels one was busted and they sent all the parts i needed for the cost of shipping. Hell of a lot better service than any other company I have dealt with. I won't run another reel.

Sent from the awesomeness of Chas!