Downriggers?

If you're thinking electric, also think about how you're going to power them.  i.e. Will your charging system support the additional load...amperage output?  Will you need extra battery?  etc

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Electric...you won't be sorry....do you have a wire dipsy rod?  They really produce.  It seems somedays they wont even look at a down rigged spoon but hammer those wire dipsy's.

Edited by apb

Electric for sure even if its a used one.  Get one this yr and another next yr.  I was catching lakers 175 ft down with a 12 lb ball and cant imagine cranking that up by hand.

• 2 weeks later...

I use manual big jons and don't care for them much! But they get me by. I wish I had cannon unitroll beacause they are MUCH better than big Jon manual. Some day I will have electric

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app....Doug

I use manual big jons and don't care for them much! But they get me by. I wish I had cannon unitroll beacause they are MUCH better than big Jon manual. Some day I will have electric

I cant imagine using them , but I guess you get used to it....glad I have electric...I respect your effort tho for sure!!

justin

Let us know how you like it. I have had manuals(walker lake masters) for about 4 years now and cranking anything more than 50 foot can be a real PIA, I often found myself unwilling to fish deep because I dreaded the crank.

I just pulled the trigger on a single electric (another walker) myself to replace one of my 2 and can't wait to try it out, I plan to do the same thing as you and buy the second next year. ill hopefully be installing tonight and using it this weekend if the waves stay down! Anyone looking for a manual rigger? Lol

• 4 weeks later...

Early in the summer we fished lakers only one day, that was the last time I will target them until I get electric riggers. I had one of my riggers on the bottom in 145 fow, there was only about three wraps of cable left. I was tired as hell that day!