Eagle

Stopped at Treiman today to eat lunch (hide) for a few min. While I was parked near the entrance for the marina a Bale Eagle flew up the cannel with a 16 to 18" salmon in its mits. I thought that was great to see one that close and in our neck of the woods. Why in heck he wanted to hang our in Ithaca is beyond me :lol:

Why in heck he wanted to hang our in Ithaca is beyond me

It is quite a bit nicer up there around the Ithaca area with the lake and its tribs than it is here along the Chemung river and I see them all the time here. I have seen them fly over my house in Big Flats but the river is right there, I have actually seen immatures and adults from my house. Another good spot to see them is out behind the Press Ware Plant in Corning where Post creek empties into the river. Right now with the river being almost all but locked up you wont see them as regular as you would with the river opened up. That is why you probably saw one in your area, it is not that far by the way of flight from here to there. I am not 100% sure but I would have to believe that there is a nesting pair somewher ealong the river and for that matter there is probably more than one pair in the area.