how do you a rig wire dipsy

Nothing lighter than 25 lbs flo-carbon and rig it the same length as your rod your using so for example if your using a 10 foot wire rod then the line distance between the diver and your choice of lure then you run 10ft of line between them.

Edited by cdq

I use 6-8' 30# maxima chameleon leaders on wire diver rigs. Shorter if running meat rigs since the fly leader is longer. They key to keeping the fish from breaking off Is to keep your drag set light so it clicks a little with the surge of the waves. Don't set the hook when a fish hits just keep the line tight.

Are you asking how much leader between the wire and the dipsey??

If so, none. The wire connects straight to the dipsey. You will use around a 6 - 8 ft lead between the dipsey and flasher and then another 2 - 3 ft of leader between the flasher and fly/meat rig.

I use 30# Seaguar Fluoro Leader.

Wire line to dipsie.    30# to 50#  from snubber to the flasher & fly.   20# from snubber to spoon.  Thats how I do mine. I like the snubber for when the fish is behind the boat near netting time.   The stiff dipsie rods and the no streach line make those last minute head shakes risky.

30 lb 7 strand or 19 strand stainless steel (usually in the brownish/grey finish depending on manufacturer.