ok I have a dipsy rod with a twili tip and 1000 ft. of wire what next?

also have a rod with 500 ft of copper whats next? I have no clue how to rig this stuff I appreciate any help I can get

Edited by phillip perry jr

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/index.php/topic/37590-ruff-rider-video-tutorial-how-to-run-copper/

Here is ruffriders video on how he sets up and runs his copper. I don't know if this helps at all but I found it pretty cool. That guy really seems like a real class act, and I never met him before. He is very helpful and always sharing information.

Tie a swivel to the wire...go direct to the dipsie with the swivel. terminal end of dipsie you will tie a 7-10ft leader of mono that you will hook your flasher fly or spoon to. the amount of leader you have will depend on the length of your rods & the size of your boat. I tend to run 9 - 10ft leader...but the person on the rod has to back up as I use 10ft rods. you can only reel the dipsie to the rod. Makes netting interesting ,

as said....ruff rider has a great vid on copper. You want a 25 - 50 ft leader to your FF or spoon. You can run the copper down the chute or out on boards. I have run them on the TX 44 inline boards or on otter boats. either way will work. If you run it down the chute you have to be ready to either reel it in( not easy on a 500) or get it out on a board as the tendency to get it tangle once a fish on is great.

Good luck & have fun!