Giant PA backwater bass

RJH

Niiiiccce..!! Way to spend the 4th!   :yes: ...Looks a little thin. like maybe it should be about 8lb. I'll bet it was just hungry and saw a good meal that could not be refused. :P Just kidding. I'm envious! Nice fish. From under a dock with jig or minnow/swimbait. Or will u make it even more outrageous and say a topwater presentation, which can often bring up big girls in the middle of summer?

....in Nuangola Pa. Spent some time looking it up. Seems I've been by there many times going down 81 to Allen- Beth and Philly area. Never knew it was there. Seems like those bogs and their ponds are naturally "poor" in nutrients due to low ph levels. Things like carnivorous plants like it there. They have to get nutrients from bugs. Maybe thats why that pig bass looked like it had a big head in relation to it's body (like me :P !). Do other bass or other fish in that area show the same thing....or am I reading too much into the pic? Also noted that town is where Kirk Douglas cut some of his acting teeth, at the Grove Theatre. Boy the things one gets into when bored......

Edited by panfisher