Pink Panties in Barcelona 7-5-13

Gill-T

Tried to outsmart mother nature when Lake O flipped by taking my annual walleye trip to Lake Erie.  Well........we pull into Barcelona to find Lake Erie had flipped as well.  Walleyes don't like cold water.  My goal today was to prove to my brother one could catch all major species without worms.  Unfortunately the cold water had other ideas but we did take an Erie trout slam.  Fat Fat Fat footballs.

028_zpsa64e6959.jpg

030_zps5f0cb518.jpg

033_zps6c7399a5.jpg

032_zps4fcfe043.jpg

Sweet! Man those fish sure have been chowing down....no shortage of bait there from the looks of it....they need to be on Weight watchers or the "Biggest Losers" show :lol:

The colors of Lake Erie fish are unreal.  The slate-blues in the back of Steelhead incredible.  The browns have almost an emerald-green hue.

I ran into them as we'll today seemed like they were everywhere. I couldn't keep them off my chatter sticks. Still cracks me up when they hit a short core 2-3 color. The rod bucks the you see the fish 5 ft in the air instantly. Still managed to scratch out a box of eyes as well !

Today was a little slower again, only 5 walleye all day.No set pattern, 4 colors, 7 colors, and riggers.58 ft to 85 ft north to south red barn.One boat had 6 eyes straight out of Barcelona Harbor to 65 ft.Another boat down between Sturgeon Point & Windmill Point had 16 eyes on harnesses.Other good reports of 43ft water past the A can in front of Buffalo.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by mostlymuskies

Agree with Mostly Muskies. Ran out of Dunkirk, we boxed 5, lost another...plus lakers and a nice brown we lost behind

the boat. Also no pattern. 4 color, 1 ounce; 135 diver; 5 color 1 ounce. All spoons. Wd's and Yecks. We need

a few degrees, and NO NE wind......

We ran into the same thing. Fish scattered all over. Caught fish from 60 to 105 FOW. Overwhelming majority on 4,5,7 color cores on harnesses, a few on jets, and 2 on dipsys with sticks (115 and 150 on 3 setting). 2 bonus steelhead, a laker and loads of silver bass and a half dozen perch.  Had weather issues to deal with as well. Best speeds (waves permitting) seemed to range from 1.8 to at times up to 2.4.  There really was a lot of variance in conditions.  We had to work for them, but is always an enjoyable trip out there to chase something different!