After a great long week at Boys State I was ready to hot the water. Slept on the boat and had Jon meet me at 5:30am. The weather the night before I was unsure on, but it ended up to be a great day!

As we were approaching the channel there's was something you don't see everyday. There was a boat that hit the pier between the channel and Charles Piont. He wasn't even close to the channel.

We decided to try for browns considering the hard northeast wind we had a few days prior. We sent down east of maxwell and threw out 2 riggers 3 flatlined with split shots and a 2 color lead core. We trolled untill about 7:30am picking up a alewive that hit a chicken wing spoon and a 5lb brown that hit a sea sick waddler.

We slid out and set in at 80ft. We set out two riggers with sliders 3 wires and a 8 color lead core. We worked northeast heading to some way Piont from previous weekends. We had a decent screen in 140 but no takers so we kept heading north. We then work all the way out to 230 and then turned back south east. By 215 we had a good screen and we worked that line east! Around 10am the 200 diver on started screaming. I got on the rod and it peeled out to 440ft with a nice Ariel show! Jon was doing great stearing the boat untill the 170 rigger popped. I stated to reel down on it but nobody was home. It hit the free slider. Jon then set the rigger to 80 feet with the UV tuxedos. (I still am battling the fish ) 10 seconds down and it starts jumping, DOUBLED, Jon had a fiesty steelie. It shot out of the water and going a crazy. It went about 10 feet under the boat and wrapped itself around the dipsy and other rigger. It was a mess but we got things straightened out. It was about a 5lb steelie. By this time the rain was coming. The the king approached the boat Jon was on the net. And he netted it it did not like that and this king wrapped itself around the rigger also! It was tough untangled a 10 foot rod around a down rigger and a decent king on! Got it in the boat and was about 23-24lbs !

Worked back that line and Jon picked up a small skip and then we had to pull lines and head in at 11:30am. It was a great day out there and the weather conditions were awesome! The lake was glass! Heading back out in the AM, good luck everyone! -Apple Boy

post-149586-0-26507300-1372982573_thumb.jpg

post-149586-0-00593700-1372982718_thumb.jpg

post-149586-0-25185900-1372982766_thumb.jpg

post-149586-0-44805900-1372983421_thumb.jpg

post-149586-0-11399800-1372983635_thumb.jpg

What a great day, It cant get any better ,caught the fish, twisted lines and pictures to prove it . Totally awesome. LBT1