Pultneyville live report 7/5, 7/6, & 7/7

Well took early leave from work, and despite the isolated thunderstorms, gonna give it a try for a late afternoon/evening excursion. Should be on the water by 4pm....with the threat of storms, will probably hang closer to shore..... So lets hope!!!!

Lol.....out in 100fow and good bait pods and some nice marks..,. But currents are insane. Going west troll..:barely pushing 600 rpm and sog is high 2's and down speed is pushing 3.0 and turned east now and 900 rpm and sog is 2.0 and down speed 2.3. When I was on a north troll all my lines were pointing east as the east current was pushing me west and the Down current is going east bound!

Took two more fish before we pulled lines. A nice 8 lb king on the yellow NBK and then another 5 lb Steelie on the 10 color with Steelie stomper!

All in all I think we finished 7 for 8!!!!

summary:  There were a lot of marks and bait in that 100-120 fow of water and we did take a couple of lakers, but listening to the advice of those wiser (tx Chris and Nick) I headed for deeper water for silvers. as I got out over 200fow, the down temp on my probe at 80' dropped to 40-41 degrees.  Took it to 70 and it was 44, came up to 60 and it was 45-46 degrees, came up further to 50 and 48 degree water.  Over that 200-300 fow, best screen was top 70 foot of water, although there were a couple deep marks.

Currents were pretty intense, and found my boat heading N or NW would be just into gear and running high 2.8-3.0 sog and there was nothing I could do.  We did pick up the one steelie and the big king, heading in that direction....but the last 3 fish came on the SE troll, where I had to push RPM's to 850 and was doing 1.8-2.0 SOG, but down speed was 2.4-2.6, so I fished my probe and that worked.

It was a spoon bite and between the rigger (NBK), the 4 color (fire frog) and the 10 color (steelie stomper) those took 5 of the fish, but all silver.  Only the lakers took the flies on the divers and my down rigger with the fly did not take a hit! 

Will probably set up a more spoon focused program in the morning tomorrow, in 80fow and point it north.  I don't want to run over the inside water that quick, just in case there are some nice browns or whatever.  Will still run flies on my deep divers, but all my riggers and leadcore will be set with spoons to start.

okay.  Still cant upload photo's from my iPhone, but whatever....reports will keep coming!  :)  Tight lines all!!!

jason

Edited by reelintense

How do you guys go about doing a live report?? Just curious PAP

Pap: we have smartphones with unlimited data that we just leave open for updating as we go.  There is a LOU app you can download if you have a smart phone and it makes it much easier to go in and out and post...etc.  I think a lot of us amateurs like it cause its real time and we can make adjustments as we go.  I also do a fair amount of texting as well, with guys I know are out.    But as you are reading, it can also be a pain....since I have somehow lost the ability to upload pictures! :( ughhhh