Kicker help

larsm

Iv got a 1983 Evinrude 4.5 hp I'm having issues with it over heating iv replaced impeller and checked the water pump hose for debris and replaced base gasket and head gasket to check for scores in cyclinders bought motor to fix up comp 90 -80 cycl mint sea foamed it thought stuck ring nope the head got so hot I assume cuz the coils have melted on the head mount changed all that an still runs hot going to take motor off again when it cools down any thoughts tho ? .

I'm assuming that oil was added to the fuel. Does the motor have a spout that sends the water out to the side and if so is there water coming out in a steady spurt? Possible blockage of the upper cylinder? Is it possible that there is a blockage in the vent opening on the lower unit e.g. cottonwood or fleas etc.? My recollection is that back then they didn't have much in the way of solid state electronics in the engines but does it have a temp control sensor of some sort on it that might be malfunctioning?

I think input that in right and I don't think it moved . Won't the impeller right it's self when turned on I put it in the way it was when I took old one out but maybe whom ever put that one in put it in wrong ?

The impeller must be lubricated with a bit of dish soap and while the housing is slid over the impeller into place the driveshaft must be turned clockwise to insure that the fins are in the right direction and nothing binds inside the housing.