Cayuga 1-29-08

`frisco wanted to play yesterday so we took a day off work and splashed the boat. There were a few other boats out there and all I can say for those guys in open boats.......better you than me.

Fishing was still pretty much producing good catches of Brown's & Land Locks. Doesn't take much skill right now, just drag something through the water and you'll catch something.

I know some of you think that we'll blow it if we let the secret out but I know you guys won't tell anyone ;) ............right :shock: ................so here is the secret:

Plugs & streamers on the surface, no special colors, they hit everything we dragged through the water. A spoon down a few feet also wacked `em pretty good..........be sure to keep this among us.

Bumped into Hermit at the launch when we returned. He had a little engine project he was working on so we didn't bother him to much. Hope you got in the water to drag some lures.

Hey, good to see you again and nice to meet you Huntfrisco! Sounds like a good trip. I did finally make it out, see the thread below, mostly played w/ the motor though.

Ray, there's 9' give or take under the bridge, too be safe say just under, less on the side, maybe 8'6' it depends on how pointy your roof is. Take a look here and compare should help in the future: http://www.nyscanals.gov/faq/oswego/netdata/cayuga-levels.pdf and Seneca too: http://www.nyscanals.gov/faq/oswego/netdata/seneca-levels.pdf

good report, any special colors on the pulgs and streamers.

There really wasn't anyone color that stood out. We ran a mix of naturals & color and most everything took fish. Probably the better producers had some brown/orange on the belly but like I said, most stuff worked. Several triples and it was a mix bag of lures.

Ok Huntfrisco....we've all read Stingers report.The only part I beleive w/o hearing from you is the " FRIG NEWT'S " were good...Zeke(Strike 3)

:evil: ...are you insinuating that I may not be telling the truth :shock: ??...or that my posts could possibly be a FISH Story :roll: ?