Buffalo Lake Erie Walleye

jimski2

From the entrance buoy to Meyers Reef 100 boats limiting out on walleye for several weeks now. Three colors and stickbaits with inlined boards are good along with bottom bouncers with worm harnesses.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I wouldn't suggest that everybody out there is catching limits. Many guys are struggling while others are doing well. Lets keep the reports section for reports instead of general statements that every boat out there is catching limits. Lots of boats out, let's not try to draw people from all over creation so we have to sit in lines for over a half hour to launch and retrieve like down in Ohio. Just my 2 cents.

Started fishing at 9:15. Made 2 downwind trolls from Seneca shoal towards entrance buoy. First pass 1/2 of two person limit mostly worm harnesses. Purple, watermelon, green, dipsy with ring on 3.5 70ft out, 6 and 4 color cores, Overcast light conditions 1-3 footers. Picked up and ran back upwind a bit for another downwind troll. Second pass other 1/2 of limit mostly 5" minnow body baits of similar colors, same dipsy rigging, and 5 color core off inline planer. Rough water but fishable. Bright conditions 2-4 footers.

There is a ton of big fish out there also we picked 20 plus fish a day out there for the last 3 days!!! $150.00 in fuel a day running from the Catt, its worth every penny, with 2 over 11lbs. 5 over 10lbs and countless 8's and 9s. :rofl:  Our biggest (11lbs 8ozs) was caught on Friday by a 10yr old boy with a broken wrist what a trooper he was. Needless the customers were very happy that day. 

Edited by fishkiller16

The walleye reproduction rate is the result of our failure to harvest enough of the other species such as perch, white bass, and others that feed upon the fry of the walleye hatch. Catch and release is not the answer, a balanced harvest is what is needed. Concentrating on walleyes, big and small, does not work. Take home some of the other fish and things can work out.