Ok 

My recyling green bin reeks

Tell me what do you all do with the SALMON GUTS !!

I caught my first two salmon yesterday and I turned them into Fillets but the guts went into my recycle bin and today its covered in fly's and stinks

what do you guys do??

If I take them,The guts go in the freezer until garbage pickup day. Then they go in the garbage can. Most of the time though,the fish are gutted a few miles off shore and the guts go in the drink.

They do make good fertilizer if you bury them (living in the country is helpful too) :)  but I always double bag them in heavy duty garbage bags to save the trash guys from passing out when they go to throw them on the truck :lol:

I check and see when the flies are done, I can get a bunch of pan fish bait. Or I feed the turtles, skunks, poss, that happen by the creek out back.

6 gal dedicated bucket. Hose it out, hang it upside down in a lilac bush....best if it is in bloom downwind.

Sent from my PC36100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hey can you imagine when you use the freezer approach and your mother-in-law is visiting and goes to get something to surprise you for supper? :lol:

An author by the name of Ed Zern once suggested:

1. Send to museum requesting identification but use phony name......

2. Stuff in someone else's mailbox......

3. Throw them in back yard of neighbor that has all those D*m cats.....

4. Bait walrus traps with them.....

:thinking:  Nah, probably all illegal....double bag them.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

and miss out an all those quality vittles???

Cousin Tim..

Yer not a poor mountaineer, are ya?...ohhhhhh,,,,that's right, fergot...that's why I threw mine in the crick out yonder. Snappin turtle soup and poss belly...gotcha!

Sent from my PC36100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I always love a jerk that leaves smelly guts behind! On that note people that walk by my house must think crazy or up to something for the smells that come out of my garbage bin. I've lost coolers because I duct taped the cooler sealed so no smells could escape and just threw them out, 5 gallon buckets full of weeks of perch guts in spring! It's nasty and my wife puts up with it pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app....Doug