Well that idiot was me guys. I just wanted to apologize if we got close to you at those speeds. Going along out about the trench and the motor quits. We had the float get stuck wide open on my carb. So after pinching the fuel line off and getting the carb to dry out we were able to get the boat started again. The only way we could keep it running was wide open. To keep it from flooding out we had to burn the gas as fast as it was coming in. And right on Q that ridiculous fog rolls in. So away we go running along way too fast and I know we got too close to a couple boats. So I just wanted you guys to know I'm not a total idiot and apologize. There was a good reason.

That fog was so damn sketchy, we had some close run ins as well dude fishing off Stoney. It was horrible. I'm so glad we didn't run out to salmon water. You forget to note the 4-5 footers and occasional 6 rolling in also. It was bad new bears out there.

It was bad out. we were in the trench area also. Did you see the small 14ft tiller running with kids in it going in and out of the fog near high rocks. A yellow teeshirt hanging on a stick off back. Un real

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sounds to me like there were a lot of foolhearty folks out there getting very lucky.

Cold water,6 footers?...fog, small boats, no radar glad there wasn't a big headline of disaster. Not to discredit the honesty of the thread, but not having full control in the blind should warrant a call for assistance.

Picture running down a hallway full of desk chairs and someone throws a blanket over you head (didn't work well on the show "Jackass" ). That's the trench full of boats. Thanks for the luck of the draw post..keep it safer friends!

Sent from my PC36100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Luck was with everyone . If the out of control boat had run down the 14 footer full of kids , there would have been a tragedy and I'm sure criminal charges . In that situation a call for assistance would be the ONLY course of action.

I guess I should elaborate. At no time did I feel we were endangering anybody. All eyes were on deck and we could see plenty far enough to react to the boats we did come upon. Just know that when guys are fishing and may have a lot of gear in the water the appearance of my proximity may be close and I didn't want to leave a bad taste with anybody. I always try to give plenty of way whether I am trolling or running along. Some of you are reading way too far into the situation. If I felt I was endangering anybody I would have had it towed in.

Not reading too much into it? At least four other people said it was bad out there. I see one was at 12 mph, admits to close run in. It depends on what wide open throttle is on a given boat. Mine tops out at 43 mph...loaded. Does 6 pairs of eyes looking forward on deck see thru the same fog better?

But I wasn't there..and well. I can't judge it except for the others experiences. No harm done, peace!

Mark

Sent from my PC36100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What day were you out? Saturday or Sunday? We got caught in the fog about 5-6 miles off Stoney in the Trench too. Didn't see you roll by us so maybe your incident happened on Sunday. We had a boat or two come within 50yards of us trolling and that was as far as the visibility was. Glad you made it back safe. James