Otisco Lake

Anyone been doing anthing at otisco the bass were all over turtle bay back before the season started but since the start the weeds have choaked that bay out and finding bass has gotten a little more difficult. I have not had the time to get out and really pattern them since. I caught a few the other day on the dam side of the causeway but thats it.

The turtle bay bite early was incredible! My son and I had a ball with them. Now you have to earn them because there is cover. We still stop in to turtle bay and get a few each time as the water is still up enough but you have to fish almost vertically with all the growth, and know where they are. Sunday we got 6-8 working 10-15 ft of water along the causeway with wacky rigged senkos in purple and baby bass. We work the inside edge of the weeds out in front of turtle bay and around the narrows. The pond side of the causeway has plenty of bass too. We found that patience with wacky rigged worms produces well right now and the fish don't seem to want you twitching the bait just let it sink at sit and methodically fan cast. Our boat best bass this season is 24" and over 8lbs. Caught walleye fishing casting a jerkbait at 220 am! BTW we catch lots of bass doing this from dark to dawn. "Bass fishing" in middle of the night is fun way to fish for walleye during new and full moons, but we get far more bass than walleyes, and its cooler out just bring your thermacells and keep the hat lights off the water! They are in there for sure. For smallies we drop shot gulp bait between the west side points. We are gonna go this afternoon... my boys day off.

justin