What would be your top 5 flashers spin doctors for Lake Ontario.

Haven't been at the game too long and just went online to purchase every flasher/spin doctor I would like to have at this time. The problem wa my bill was almost 400 dollars. For someone just getting into the game with limited funds, what would u guys suggest to stay under say $100?

pro troll white/glow

pro troll pig pen 1 or 2

spin dr. white/glow with green dots or white/glow with black dots

spin dr. green nuke

all in 8" size

shop around online.  you can get the standard colored pro trolls for $9 online.  I wouldn't spend more than $9.99 or $10.99 on a spin dr either.  the stinger taped pro trolls are gonna run you more $.

Edited by BrokeOff

I would not leave the dock without:

- SD chrome frog with hammertime fly - #1 in my eyes

- SD hawg wild with hawg wild fly

- SD bloody death?? (purple with red/silver christmas tree pattern) and bloody death fly or purple MC rocket

- SD carmel dolphin with carmel dolphin fly

- SD double crush with white glow fly or white MC rocket

- Pro troll 11" anything silver with glow tape, with silver MC rocket

Now, that doesn't mean I don't use spoons - I generally like putting my spoons out clean (stealth presentation).

Mark

Heres 10:

White with green dots

Live wire

Hammertime

White crush glow

Hawg wild

Caramel dolphin

White glow echip

Pig pen echip

NBK echip

Green glow echip

Hills valley and stream in Elmira are the cheapest around! ;). Call them!!

Edited by BAZOOKAJOE

Heres 10:

White with green dots

Live wire

Hammertime

White crush glow

Hawg wild

Caramel dolphin

White glow echip

Pig pen echip

NBK echip

Green glow echip

Hills valley and stream in Elmira are the cheapest around! ;). Call them!!

I would not leave the dock without:

- SD chrome frog with hammertime fly - #1 in my eyes

- SD hawg wild with hawg wild fly

- SD bloody death?? (purple with red/silver christmas tree pattern) and bloody death fly or purple MC rocket

- SD carmel dolphin with carmel dolphin fly

- SD double crush with white glow fly or white MC rocket

- Pro troll 11" anything silver with glow tape, with silver MC rocket

Now, that doesn't mean I don't use spoons - I generally like putting my spoons out clean (stealth presentation).

Mark

Is ok to use flasher or spin doctor with Dipsy diver.??

How dip usually should go.??

Which tackle on the end you prefer for salmon ??

What is your opinion about teaser and herring fillet.??

Thanks for answer..)

..new in salmon hunting

Mark

Edited by klama

Absolutely you can use a dipsey diver on the SD. This is one of my favorite setups.

A dipsey diver can go from 20 ft - 110 ft deep. I use wire line on my dipseys - there's a book called Precision Trollers Guide Edition II that has graphs which tell you how much line you need to have out to get to certain depths.  There's also apps for Android that can tell you that.  When you mark fish on you fishfinder you can set your lines out to get to those depths. I recommend at least two different size dipseys - #1 and MAG.  The #1 is good to around 70 ft, and the MAG is good to 110 ft, travelling at 2.5 mph.

The flies and MC rockets that I mention in my original post is the tackle I like for salmon.

Using hearing fillet is good to. Sometime's it doesn't work, and other days it's the only thing that works.  You need to try different things.

Absolutely you can use a dipsey diver on the SD. This is one of my favorite setups.

A dipsey diver can go from 20 ft - 110 ft deep. I use wire line on my dipseys - there's a book called Precision Trollers Guide Edition II that has graphs which tell you how much line you need to have out to get to certain depths.  There's also apps for Android that can tell you that.  When you mark fish on you fishfinder you can set your lines out to get to those depths. I recommend at least two different size dipseys - #1 and MAG.  The #1 is good to around 70 ft, and the MAG is good to 110 ft, travelling at 2.5 mph.

The flies and MC rockets that I mention in my original post is the tackle I like for salmon.

Using hearing fillet is good to. Sometime's it doesn't work, and other days it's the only thing that works.  You need to try different things.

Thanks.)..

I just start this year salmon hunting and my biggest problem was a trolling speed.

I tried to several different devices which helps slow down boat but was hard use my boat (Four winns H180) for fishing

and pleasure without changes..Problem was solved different way...

My speed was about 5...6mph. On the second rood I add just two more Dipsy Divers Magnum with ring

and now I have about  2.5..max 3 mph.

Mark

Maybe somebody can answer...

Sometimes I can see on boat one person and is fishing (Lake Ontario) on two roods.

How this possible.??

From the MNR fishing regulations:

Hooks and Lines – An angler may use only one line, unless otherwise stated in the regulations. Two lines may be used when angling from a boat in parts of the Great Lakes (see Exceptions to the General Regulations) and for ice fishing in many areas (see Ice Fishing, page 11). A fishing line must not have more than four hooks attached.

Confused me..Sent question to MNR..Let you know..

thanks

Edited by klama

You can use two rods while trolling lake o.

On the canadian side

Got answer from MNR..You absolutely right..
Thanks again. Will post on main board as well.

Lake Ontario is located in Fisheries Management Zone 20.  On page 93 of the Ontario Fishing Regulations Summary, under the Exceptions to Zone 20 Regulations, it states the following:

WATERBODY EXCEPTION DETAILS All waters of Lake Ontario, including the Niagara River (downstream of Niagara Falls).

The following waters are excluded: Jordan Harbour, Hamilton Harbour, Toronto Harbour, Frenchman’s Bay, Murray Canal, Presqu’ile Bay, Weller’s Bay, East Lake, West Lake, the Bay of Quinte (the waters lying west of the Glenora Ferry), the St. Lawrence River (waters lying east of a line drawn between Bishops Point and the easternmost tips of Howe and Wolfe islands), and all other tributaries to Lake Ontario.
Two lines may be used when angling from a boat in open water.     As you can see from the above, two lines are allowed to be used in lake Ontario while fishing from a boat in open waters, with the exception of the water bodies listed as being excluded from that regulation. 

We hope you have found this information helpful.  If you require further clarification do not hesitate to contact the Natural Resources information Centre toll free at 1-800-667-1940.

Regards,

NRIC web reader - AD
Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources
Natural Resources Information Centre
300 Water Street
Peterborough, ON  K9J 8M5
1-800-667-1940
TTY: 1-866-686-6072
Fax: 705-755-1677