Biting black flies are good for what?

Well, kinda. It's been 5 days now since last time I was happily trolling around the "Breeze" catching a fish here and there. The flies became increasing fierce as that day went on.

Now after 4 days of pounding the pavement as hard and fast as my "loaded like a freight train, driven like an airplane" 18 wheeler will go, I'm scratching. Reaching down, yanking my socks down, scratching my ankles. Suddenly it occurs to me, as I'm trying to make delivery in cosmic traffic, pouring rain, etc....my left hand, scratching my outside left ankle bone..hey! I remember that ankle hit! That was the 25 lb king that smacked the 42 second spoon! Shortly after that, my right hand is reaching down scratching my right Achilles tendon...uh huh!..that was the steely that launched 4 feet in the air on a moonshine crabface!

The roar of the big Caterpillar now less noticeable. The whine of the tires less mind numbing. I'm thinking of that time 5 days ago.....because I'm SCRATCHING!..now I got another itchy feeling. Can't wait to do it again!

Off the road again!...just can't wait to get OFF! the road again!

My life is fishing with my friends, just can't wait to get OFF the road again!

And the crowd goes wild!....oh yeah, well that's the guys on the receiving dock....WHERE THE HECK YOU BEEN, DRIVER!?

uhhhh..fishing?

Mark

Sent from my PC36100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

:)  Sounds like a good "fishing fix" needs to be  coming up soon Mark....but don't put away the bug spray just yet either.... :lol:

Those black flies spread a common fishing disease. A few good bites and your stuck fishing for life. Only cure is more time on the water. Sounds like you have a really bad case.

Sometimes the symptoms lessen a little in the winter, but the disease stays with you for life. You're screwed... lol

Thats a awesome post! And i know how you feel! bloodied ankles at work and as i work in my weld booth looking at pics i got hanging up of me and my friends with fish i pray for Friday afternoon when all my crew who is fishing the weekend gets to my house, play with my son and get the Haywire ready.Then throw back a few brews. What its all about, the smiles!. I got it so bad i made my own rigger wieghts at work 2 weeks ago! YEAH BABY there awesome

Edited by Kooter469

Thats a awesome post! And i know how you feel! bloodied ankles at work and as i work in my weld booth looking at pics i got hanging up of me and my friends with fish i pray for Friday afternoon when all my crew who is fishing the weekend gets to my house, play with my son and get the Haywire ready.Then throw back a few brews. What its all about, the smiles!. I got it so bad i made my own rigger wieghts at work 2 weeks ago! YEAH BABY there awesome

I know how that goes. I was making new rod holders at work just a few weeks ago. Work sucks but working at a place where you can fab up fishing gear makes it a bit better.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well ,look at the bright side. You're just scratching your ankles and the itch is only from black flies and not bar flies.
their good for offshore steelie food
Right on both accounts!I might try a black fly pattern on a 5 weight and weight forward line. Cast into the scum line. That should be interesting. 15 lb steelie on a fly.Ray, you got a 500 foot push pole?:lol::lol::lol:Sent from my PC36100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app Edited by skipper19