Otisco 7-9

Took my son and his friend out to bass fish and just when we got out we get a downpour. We waited it out under the top, and after 45 min it cleared off, but we couldn't seem to land a bass. At dusk we got out the trolling rods to troll in and picked up my son's friend, Robert, his first decent 'eye a nice 24"er pic to follow. Still no pattern what so ever but that's 3 evenings in a row with a nice fish or two. This one was on eriedescent reef runner down 28 over 30-40fow speed 2.1 avg on gps. Didn't mark much bait or fish but was lucky enough to get one. Just cant quite get into em, but I feel like im not far off. The few that we've been getting have really put up a fight coming in/up, much more so than any others Ive caught.

justin

Correct....I catch over half of my walleyes on the big deep divers. They work well at otisco especially in the summer because the oxygen levels drop off below 30 feet so walleyes tend to hang around 29-30 feet. That combined with the fact that the reef runners will only go down about 28 make it an easy fit. I use TDD11's too inside the reef runners as they have a steeper curve and you can run just about anything else on the outside as most everything has a shallower curve. I can post the dive curve if someone needs it, or most others for that matter. The options are endless when you combine diving crankbaits, clip weights, lead core, and riggers. I am just starting with the core and clip weights and so far I do best with deep divers, but Im gonna run some harnesses this weekend with both and see which the walleyes prefer.

justin

I use the Off Shore snap weights a lot I really like them, They have the dive chart inside the container they come in. It's easy as what they tell you to do is 50ft out select what oz. weight to get you to your desired depth clip on weight and then let out another 50ft and lock up reel and your set, quite simple and it works. I used them a lot when we go to western lake Erie running worm harnesses. I think in your situation they will be the ticket if you want to run worm harnesses just my 2 cents.