Fantastic BROOK TROUT action

Wow thoes are some huge Brook trout. My brother and I fish a crick in Greene ouw home town. The crick runs right through my grandparents property. We look forward to fishing it every spring and usually get quite a few but never anything that big. The biggest one I have ever got was a 10'' I caught this spring.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice fish, started my fishing on brook trout on family camp on upper black river.  My grandfather started fishing there in the 1930's and told stories of catching over 100 brookies a day with 2-3 lbs.   Not so much today.  Good to see there are a few places still around that support this great & special fish.

Sweet! They are truly exquisite trout and my memory still tells me they are the best eating as well as beautiful looking. Very nice video. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just now saw this......niiiiice....! If you (anyone reading) thinks one has to go hundreds of miles away or way "up in the mountains" somewhere to enjoy brookie action like that....well, not so necessary. There are many places not too far from your home, if U live anywhere in NYS, to enjoy that kind of adventure. That's the thing about trout in general. They can be easily over fished if plundered and over visited (true for most fisheries)....It is good that New York's state fish does live on in way-back-in places that are often hard to fish. Cool music in the background Terphunter :yes: .....