ADK Bass

Has Been

Fresh back from my happy place in the mountains. Caught more bass than pike so I posted it in this sec.  In four days did about 20 smallies  up to 19" & a few OK pike.  . Not great but OK considering I had motor trouble & could only fish close to camp. Unsettled weather & wind sure did not help but enough of exucuses. Drop Shot & Shakey heads took most hits. also hula grub & a few on a spinnerbait, but it was tough.

Could not get to the part of the lake where I see the Bald Eagle & best fishing . But  Wens morn I look up to see him land in a tree right next to what I assume was his mate.  So close i my younger days I could have hit him with a rock.

Drifting a boulder strewn pine lined shore in the quite morning mist as the bald eagle looked down on me. Then Blueberry cakes  off the griddle back at camp.Heaven on earth. Also hiked up Baker mtn.  Rained every day  & the fishing not great but I had a blast.

20 smallies is a great day in my book! You say drop shot worked. Any particular bait and technique work better than others? I'm just wondering because this time of year the smallies seem to head deep and I've heard drop shot can be effective in the summer.

20 for 3 days of  fishing on & off . lost more than a few more.

Senco's  3" & 4"  mostly . 1/8 -1/4  Bass casting  or Dropshot wt.  i use a 7' spin rod w/ 6# .When the wt hits bottom ,thebait is weightless & looks good to fish IMO. U-Tube drop shot & see.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope i dont offend anyone here, but isnt this a forum where we share info? Exact locations arent necessary, but this isnt supposed to be a bragging board. If you cant even mention the lake i dont need to read your posts! What is everyone afraid of? Ive been going to the adirondacks for 20 years and ive never seen enough fisherman to burn your happy place. If you dont want to share why be a member. Ive posted almost every outing all summer and have had a great summer at otisco with no negative impact to my fishing. If you are fishing from shore i get it as access is limited, but unless the lake is the size of a farm pond and you are fishing from a boat there's plenty to go around. Just my personal opinion, but there's absolutely no need to post anything if you cant at least share the body of water. If u cant share with the class keep it to yourself.

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I fished there  4 days & only saw one other boat & would like to keep it that way. I tell everyone pretty much everything on here but I'd like to keep that spot to myself. Seen what can happen to a spot if it's to crowded so I wouldn't like to  take any chances on it. PMed a few about it. I'll tell the when ,how & what ,just not the where.  I'd like to show up and still have it be my happy place.Found it by chance & spent a lot of time figuring it out & learn more about it each time back.I suggest others take a chance, explore  & do the same.   20 smallies in 4 days is  bragging ?