Best fillet knife

When it comes down to it the best fillet knife is one that is sharp and stays that way. Most require occasional sharpening or "tuning up" if you are using them regularly.....there is no "miracle knife"... just some that are better made than others and hold an edge longer when sharpened properly.

• 10 months later...

That was a good read. Lot of preference. Couldn't start a new thread, what are your favorite hook files and techniques? Mine is underwater and want to replace it. Dicks had none, *ass pro had china or stones. Mine looked like 2 chainsaw files in a plastic holder I kept in the boat for touch ups. I have an old flat file I use during tv commercials on the end table at home. What will last? I'll put a wrist band on it.

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a 10" dexter.... Great knife!! Sharp and flexible. Japanese steel!! Really holds an edge. I sharpen each time I use..... It is SHARP. would recommend to anyone and cant beat the price. IMO, the best value electric fillet knife Is the American Angler..... Gears, transmission, and driveline are all metal so it is built to last. Also, blades are made by Ginsu. A couple models come with 3-5 blades to choose from depending on the size of your catch. Its a very sturdy and effective knife. Much, Much better than the 2 twisters and hamilton beach I have burned out.

Edited by EsoxAC3

• 2 years later...

I have tons of knives and I use my bubba blades for everything! Any knife can be sharpened till you can shave with it. Most good knife manufacturers make several sizes and different flexes to suit your needs, but there is no better handle on the market for big hands and no handle that is easier to get a grip on when your hand is slippery.

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I must be the only one who is not satisfied with the cutco knife. Biggest disappointment ever. Haven't sent it back but going to. Must be a Monday or Friday knife. Drove by the place in Olean not too long ago. A business in a building that impressive should know what they are doing. I have friends who have cutco kitchen knives and love them. Guess I best get moving and send it in

I have a Randall fillet knife I have had for 30 years plus. Holds an edge better than any knife I have owned. Cuts right through the ribs no problem. 

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Lake Ontario United mobile app