Setting the bar high! Week 1 GOSD Win

I was out solo on opening morning of the GOSD, stroked for the first hour while trying to dodge a gazillion boats. I slid to the outside of the pack and then connected with a heavy weight! When the fish it it only took about 200 feet of line, and while I was clearing the other rod the flasher fly got wrapped around the other line! I got lucky and untangled it quickly, then as the fish neared the boat I missed on the first net attempt as the fish charged under the boat and I had to dip the rod into the water to not get cut off on a rivet or prop! On the second net attempt I made it count! Hoisted the beast into the boat, got a quick weight in the net basket, and knew instantly when the scale bounced between 38-39 that the fish was a contender! It was a L O N G week watching the leader board but it hung on for top spot at 36.72lbs .  :)  post-146297-13737198628256_thumb.jpg Sent from my SGH-I747M using Lake Ontario United mobile app Best of luck to everyone for the remainder of the 2013 GOSD! Tony

Edited by tonyb

I was out solo on opening morning of the GOSD, stroked for the first hour while trying to dodge a gazillion boats. I slid to the outside of the pack and then connected with a heavy weight! When the fish it it only took about 200 feet of line, and while I was clearing the other rod the flasher fly got wrapped around the other line! I got lucky and untangled it quickly, then as the fish neared the boat I missed on the first net attempt as the fish charged under the boat and I had to dip the rod into the water to not get cut off on a rivet or prop! On the second net attempt I made it count! Hoisted the beast into the boat, got a quick weight in the net basket, and knew instantly when the scale bounced between 38-39 that the fish was a contender! It was a L O N G week watching the leader board but it hung on for top spot at 36.72lbs .  :)  attachicon.gif1373719863797.jpg Sent from my SGH-I747M using Lake Ontario United mobile app Best of luck to everyone for the remainder of the 2013 GOSD! Tony

Great fish !!!               Conrats    I am jealous